cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

rv.net forum fixed my fridge

laudy
Explorer
Explorer
Man i'm happy I found this site. i was having trouble with my fridge not cooling on propane. Worked fine on electric but on propane it would not cool. the flame was there but not cooling. Checked a few past posts and other members told/showed me how to remove and check/clean the burner and flue. Well last night thanks to this site i removed and cleaned the burner tube and reassembled in less than 30minutes. Fire it back up and what a huge difference in the flame. I mean you can actually hear the flame now. The fridge and freezer are working awsome now. I can only imagine what it would have cost me at an rv dealership to have this done not to mention pulling my fifth wheel there and back. Thanks a million to all that had input. Now a happy camper.
6 REPLIES 6

RWDIII
Explorer
Explorer
laudy wrote:
Man i'm happy I found this site. i was having trouble with my fridge not cooling on propane. Worked fine on electric but on propane it would not cool. the flame was there but not cooling. Checked a few past posts and other members told/showed me how to remove and check/clean the burner and flue. Well last night thanks to this site i removed and cleaned the burner tube and reassembled in less than 30minutes. Fire it back up and what a huge difference in the flame. I mean you can actually hear the flame now. The fridge and freezer are working awsome now. I can only imagine what it would have cost me at an rv dealership to have this done not to mention pulling my fifth wheel there and back. Thanks a million to all that had input. Now a happy camper.

My fridge would only cool on gas
Had it serviced and cost$149
OLD 2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites Bronco 800

NEW 2015 F250 Scab 4wd 10000 gvw, 6.2 Scan guage,Garmin,work rites,3200 lb load,1800lb Palomino Backpack SS1200

RWDIII
Explorer
Explorer
laudy wrote:

My fridge would only cool on gas
Had it serviced and cost$149
OLD 2006 F150 4wd 7200gvw,Lt275-65-18,Scan Guage,Garmin,flowmaster,load levelers,Firestone work rites Bronco 800

NEW 2015 F250 Scab 4wd 10000 gvw, 6.2 Scan guage,Garmin,work rites,3200 lb load,1800lb Palomino Backpack SS1200

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
laudy wrote:
Man i'm happy I found this site.

Glad the frig fix was successful.....but..this site can also cost you tons of $$$$$.

Just wait until you start reading about all the stuff others have and that you gotta have. And then there are all the mods that others have done that you just have to do...:)
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Amazing how the pile of scale and rust can settle in to the burner and reduce the flame to a flicker.
Been there done that myself.
Nice you found your solution here, and as mentioned, you posted back to let us all know. That is very helpful to others! ๐Ÿ™‚
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
laudy wrote:

Thanks for posting the resolve. So many don't. This way posting what you did to fix it will now help someone else! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

fourthclassC
Explorer
Explorer
Amazing when it works. I was able to re-set my Norcold from info on here. There were companies that wanted 50 bucks an hour for telephone troubleshooting advise. I got it working for nothing. Just some study time.