cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out adjustment on Lippert above floor???

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
My new MH has a Lippert above floor slide out and I think it needs adjusting and the dealer says "NO". When closed, it has a much tighter fit on the side towards the rear than the front side. I can easily put my fingers on front side and not on the rear. I just measured it and the front is 3/4" and rear is 1/4". Should they be about the same? Dealer says they are fine and sealing.
In the compartment below the slide are 2 hex shaped rods coming down from the slide above. One has a cotter pin thru it and the other has a lock nut. The dealer says it's the adjustment. The lock nut was loose and about to fall off. They retightened it, but with it being loose can't if fall out of adjustment?
12 REPLIES 12

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
The slide out in question is the Lippert and my other slide out is a Schwintek and it's fine. Lippert manual shows an in- stop, but I can't find it?????

BruceMc
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have the Lippert components Schwintek in-wall slide. Slides are a new area for me, so I've been reading and studying up on maintenance & troubleshooting guides.
Oddly, most are focused on troubleshooting, but little if anything on maintenance.

For the in-wall slide, they have an adjustment method by running it all the way out, and hold the switch until just after both motors stop. Then run it in 1-2 inches, and back out again - same deal - hold the switch a second or so after both motors stop.

I haven't studied the manuals on the Lippert Above Floor models, however, as well as it it covered in the In-Wall type, perhaps they have a similar adjustment for the Above Floor unit. The Lippert Components Inc website has several manuals.
Let us know what you find.
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 2250SLEC Chevrolet 6.0L

mackyb
Explorer
Explorer
I have the same situation on my 5th wheel toyhauler. I asked the dealer to adjust it when it was still under the manufacturers warranty but was told that if didn't leak, adjusting it could possibly cause it to leak. They would have tried to adjust it if I had pushed the issue but told me that their past experiences with similar slide adjustments had not gone well. I went along with not having it adjusted and have never had any problems. Cosmetically it doesn't look quite right when you look at from the rear but so far, so good.

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a Lippert above the floor slide out. That's all I know.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
What kind of mechanism do you have? There are different answers for different types.

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lippert says there is a stop for retracting, but I can't find it. Lippert sells the mechanism to the RV manufacturer and modifies them. The Lippert diagram resembles kind of what I have. Could be there are no stops for retracting?

MR_MAC
Explorer
Explorer
Test it out, take a garden hose and spray a hard jet o water where he slide and ide of coach comes together. If it leeks, it going to when in a driving rain.
ROBERT L MC INTYRE

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, going to call tomorrow and then discuss it again with dealer.

TXiceman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call the manufacturer and ask.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
http://www.lci1.com/support-center

Go the LCI's website and find your slide system and see what adjustments are needed. Doug

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
DAS26miles wrote:
.. the dealer says "NO". ...
Saying YES may cost the dealer $100 is shop labor time. Saying NO costs nothing.
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I guess it boils down to how much you trust your knowledge over your dealer's knowledge. If you think you know more about that he does then take it to another dealer to have it checked out.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"