cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slide wiper/seal

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
My large slideout wiper, on top of slide, used to roll under by itself, when retracting the slide. Now, after being a couple years old, it will not roll under, unless I start it manually.

My owners manual says to use silicone lubricant to keep wipers soft. This helps for just a short time.

I am wondering what others use, to keep these wipers pliable?

The side vertical wipers all roll in and out with the slide. Am I wrong in thinking that the top horizontal wiper needs to roll in and out with the slide?

Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts.

Jerry
2 REPLIES 2

faucet1
Explorer
Explorer
Generally, if a unit sits outside open to the elements, the seals will loose elasticity. As I recall, Winnebago recommended using corn starch. Probably doesn't really protect the seals, but it does cut down on friction and gives a smooth wipe. I still use it on mine along with the seal protectant. Good luck.
2002 Monaco Diplomat 40 PST Triple Slide
Toad-88 Ford Mustang GT-Stick
David and Jean

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The "wiper" seal is just there to fill the gap between the roof/sidewall and the slide hole cutout and help keep debris and excess water from getting inside. If it flips one way or the other, that is just because it will. The wiper is NOT a seal for when the room is fully Extended or Retracted. It depends on how much friction the top is getting to roll in or out. Doug