cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Splendide dryer stopped working

Patrick45
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Cedar Creek Cottage and this AM our Splendide dryer stopped working. It appears that there is no power to the unit but the circuit for the washer and dryer has not been tripped. Both plugs are plugged into the same receptacle. There is power to the washer since it is currently running. I cannot find anything in the manual that mat explain this. Before I contact a repairman can anyone provide anything that might be of use for us.
7 REPLIES 7

BlindGuynAR
Explorer
Explorer
j-d wrote:
Some of these can be reset. Unplug the appliance and remove the cover (on home ones it's the Back). Then disconnect the little thermal. Now, with a meter, see if it's OPEN (no continuity). If so, remove and slap forcefully, face down (meaning the side opposite the terminals) onto a hard surface. Concrete, marble, tile, something like that. Impact flips the little thermal disc inside back into a conducting position. I've done this a few times on a home dryer where the ducting gets kinked and the unit overheats. Works till the next kink, but it does NOT seem that resetting causes the thing to trip prematurely. Dryer's gone a year and more between resets. This youtube video explains.

Thx for that tip,
2013 Montana 346LBQ Mountainer edition
2017 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW
- B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
- Transfer Flow 40ga aux tank/tool box
- Gatorback Mud Flaps
- Ultimate Camera Package

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Some of these can be reset. Unplug the appliance and remove the cover (on home ones it's the Back). Then disconnect the little thermal. Now, with a meter, see if it's OPEN (no continuity). If so, remove and slap forcefully, face down (meaning the side opposite the terminals) onto a hard surface. Concrete, marble, tile, something like that. Impact flips the little thermal disc inside back into a conducting position. I've done this a few times on a home dryer where the ducting gets kinked and the unit overheats. Works till the next kink, but it does NOT seem that resetting causes the thing to trip prematurely. Dryer's gone a year and more between resets. This youtube video explains.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

BlindGuynAR
Explorer
Explorer
Most electric dryers have a non-resetible fused link. If it gets to hot it trips and you have to open it up to replace. So my question is did it quit while working or was it dead when you tried to use it?
2013 Montana 346LBQ Mountainer edition
2017 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW
- B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch
- Transfer Flow 40ga aux tank/tool box
- Gatorback Mud Flaps
- Ultimate Camera Package

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in Brownsville at Rod N Reel if your nearby I'll give you a hand
Bill and Joey the dog

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
It's on the right looking at it
Bill and Joey the dog

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
same happened to me. the plug for the dryer sticks straight out and became dislodged from the outlet. The dryer was banging into it while traveling. I purchased an extension cord that is on a right angle from the wall and haven't had a problem since. Had to take the dryer down to see the problem.
Bill and Joey the dog

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Westland sales Milwaukie,OR are really great at helping. Call them first.