cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Official unofficial CPE 2000i Generator Thread

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
8/1/2010 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: Champion Inverter and Remote Gens Promo on CPE's web site)

3/22/2011 edit: Thread renamed ...
Renamed from: Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

3/23/2011 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: (Un)Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

Inverter Available August 2010

Remote Available July 2010

2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540
2,927 REPLIES 2,927

MrRchitty
Explorer
Explorer
I run mine all the time, power an air compressor or power tools in the yard. When I am done, I turn the cap to off and the gas supply on the panel to off and let it run till she stops.

You can drain everything from the drain at the bottom of the carburetor since the tank is above the carb. At this point, pull the plug, either replace it or dry it off good. You probably have bad gas in the cylinder. Removing the carb bowl will give you access to the jet which is easy to remove, as referenced above. Fill with fresh gas and try again.

You can give a quick blast of starting fluid with the air cleaner cover removed and see if it will fire up.

Good luck.
Randall J. Chittenden
CT
Fire/Medic
Former Auto Parts Sales 12 years

Angus_NB
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't put any stabilizer in mine. It started after about a dozen pulls.
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4 DC
2013 Fun Finder F-266 KIRB
Reese Dual Cam HP / Prodigy P3
2 Black Labs - Lucy (Her) & Tosha (Him)

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
Pull and clean the carb. You might have to clean the jets in the carb. I run the fuel stabilizer in mine 100% of the time (I find it runs better and solves my burping).

Don.

dewey02 wrote:
I'm afraid I did something bad.
My Champion 2000i has been sitting all winter.
I went to pull it out and start it up this weekend, and can't get it to fire. I didn't drain it, or add stabil last fall, it just got grabbed with the rest of the camping supplies and tossed in the garage.

What do I need to do to get it running? Thanks.
2010 Tundra Crewmax 2WD 5.7
2009 Greywolf 22BH

Glenlivet
Explorer
Explorer
dewey02 wrote:
I went to pull it out and start it up this weekend, and can't get it to fire. I didn't drain it, or add stabil last fall, it just got grabbed with the rest of the camping supplies and tossed in the garage.

I did that too. Drain the tank, drain the carb via taking the float bowl off, replace, fill with fresh gas, take the plug out and yank it over plenty, replace plug and start, full choke.

Glenlivet
Explorer
Explorer
Lots on ebay, cheaper than this if you look
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-80-300V-LCD-Voltmeter-Socket-Flat-Plug-110V-220V-Volt-Meter-for-Home-Factory-/390566309884?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5aef90effc

RangerEZ
Explorer
Explorer
Glenlivet wrote:
You can see that the voltage drops to 100 briefly (neat little outlet powered voltmeter off eBay, $7.00, shipped!

I am curious about that voltmeter. Do you have a link or the seller's name? Thanks.
GMC 2500 HD Duramax
2016 Cougar X-Lite 28RDB
2015 Wildcat Trail Limited & 2015 Brute Force 300

dewey02
Explorer II
Explorer II

sherpaxc
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, so I think I'm about to buy one. Here is my question for you pros. I'm totally new to the genny world. I will be camping at 10k feet, have down comforters, led lights and will only use the furnace once at night to warm it up and once in the morning. I've dry camped in the past and am very aware of conservation. No tv use or microwave use.

My question is, if I used the trailer as described, would I be good to go plugging in the generator for say 2 hours a day to get it recharged? I have a basic group 24 and a standard converter, original, in m 08 jayflight.
08 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH
2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7

Glenlivet
Explorer
Explorer
There have been a few debates on this remarkable thread, about what a 2000 will run and what it won't run. This is a bit of a parlour trick and not something I expect the generator to tolerate in my normal camping operation but here goes anyway. My Champion 2000 inverter, as it runs both a 5300 BTU air conditioner and a microwave!
You can see that the voltage drops to 100 briefly (neat little outlet powered voltmeter off eBay, $7.00, shipped!) when the A/C cycles on and you hear the generator lean into the load. She takes it in her stride. ๐Ÿ™‚

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTYvY162eyc&feature=youtu.be

MX-RV
Explorer
Explorer
Fwiw I only run premium in it it takes surges far better. And a friend who's a mechanic advised me to put 100h on it before running synthetic as it needs to break in a bit first.
You can take me camping, but apparently you can't make me camp!:S

MX-RV
Explorer
Explorer
100hrs in going strong still. Now to get the other and the link kit. Too bad for budgets ๐Ÿ˜‰
You can take me camping, but apparently you can't make me camp!:S

Slimline
Explorer
Explorer
Well guys, I pulled the trigger on the 73534i last week. My local costco was down to 6 left in stock and I didn't want to miss out. I measured the oil and had a small spill, I think there specs are a bit off. I used 5w30 full synthetic oil. I poured gas in, pulled the choke and it started first pull! I couldn't believe that. It was only about 2 Celsius out to boot.

II am very happy with the generator so far, it ran my 13 amp skill saw fine who which converted out to 1560 watts with just a quick flash of the load light. It is pleasantly quiet, can't wait to get no complaints if I have to use it this summer!

Searching_Ut
Explorer
Explorer
I can run the basics to include the AC with my 2000's in combination even at 10,000 feet, although I only did it long enough to see that it worked. It wasn't hot enough to really need it. To run the AC I have to have both units in the Non ECO mode or they trip when the AC compressor cycles. I can't run the AC and microwave at the same time. I can't run the AC on a single unit, and can only run the microwave on a single unit if the battery charger has been going for a little while to where the draw there isn't too high, and it doesn't have the umph to power the microwave on a single unit if I'm above 6000 foot or so of elevation.
2015 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD, 4X4, AISIN, B&W Companion Puck Mount
2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS, 1kw solar with Trimetric and dual SC2030, 600 watt and 2k inverters.

canadiankid
Explorer
Explorer
2 of the 2000 units should run your trailer very well and when you don't need the ac you can get away with just one. Don't expect 4000 watts from the 2 units (you will get 3000-3200).
2010 Tundra Crewmax 2WD 5.7
2009 Greywolf 22BH

thejrod
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about selling my 46539 (3500w remote start) because it's too loud, and replacing it with two 73538i with a parallel kit.

Will the two 73538is be enough to run a typical travel trailer? My big 3500w unit runs the AC (13500) with no issues, and the microwave will even start up with the AC running, but barely. I'd expect the two smaller units won't run both the AC and MW at the same time, but at minimum I need to run the trailer's basic stuff (inverter, lights) as well as the AC occasionally.