cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yamaha 2400isHC first thoughts

CaptRick
Explorer
Explorer
So I picked up a Yamaha 2400isHC generator. The gen set arrived via FedEx from Amamzon.com from ACME products. I paid just under $ 1400.00 for the unit. Shipping was free from ACME. I got it home and added oil (10W30) regular dino for the break in period. Put gas in the tank and it fired up on the very first pull! It is an inverter generator and weighs about 80 pounds. No problem lifting it into the bed of my pickemup. I proceded to break it in by plugging in some various power tools and heaters on and off for the first hour of run time. Let it cool down and fired it up again for another on and off session with various power loads. After 5 hours of this I hooked up the 13,500 AC in my TT. The AC fired up no problem. I then tried the Micro after shutting the AC, again no problem. The gen set is very quit compared to others I have heard. I took it camping this weekend and i was in a very small (5 site) location on the Rio Grande river, I had the gen set running for about 2 hours during the day and after walking around the camp area and speaking with a couple of tent campers and another slide in camper, they all asked if it was even running. They heard some noise but were not sure what it was. They thought it was my water pump.
Long story short I am sold on this gen set!
2004 F250 6.0
2007 Fleetwood Nitrous Hyperlite M-260 FS Toy Hauler
1972 Moto Guzzi Ambassador
1989 BMW R100 GS with Sidecar
2005 Suzuki DRZ 400
2006 KTM 450EXC
2015 BMW R1200 GSA
15 REPLIES 15

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
I am happy with mine too. We bought with the intention of using for both camping and running the fridge and boiler at the house in case of power outage. I have not tried running the AC on the fiver just because every place we camp does not allow running generators at night.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.