cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

camp4ever
Explorer
Explorer
tracyb1101 wrote:
The 1/4 turn valves are a nice mod can you explain how I can do that other then go to Home depot :@.. Id like to put those on but I'm not the greatest at plumbing..
thanks

camp4ever wrote:
No more caps!!! 1/4 turn valves from Home Depot worked perfect.

You can get them anywhere,Lowes,HD or local hardware store.. Mine were an easy installation because they threaded onto my exististing fittings that I caped.. You got to see what you have and go from there
Good Luck
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2004 Ford Explorer w/ Towing Package
2014 Passport 2300 BH

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
The 1/4 turn valves are a nice mod can you explain how I can do that other then go to Home depot :@.. Id like to put those on but I'm not the greatest at plumbing..
thanks

camp4ever wrote:
No more caps!!! 1/4 turn valves from Home Depot worked perfect.
TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana
Camping and geocaching with a smile....
2007 Fleetwood Orbit 240 XPS
1999 Star Craft Venture popup (Sold 9/15/12!!!)

scubacouple
Explorer
Explorer
ndtiger wrote:

Where can one find one of the tables that hangs to the outside of the camper? thanks

Jet_A-1
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
bikendan wrote:
drenjoey wrote:
It's not that we don't like the idea, but is the bumper strong enough to support the weight of a bike rack...........I doubt very much !

x2!!

you'll soon be watching your bikes and the rack, in the rear view mirror, bouncing down the road.:E
based on what the cheap welds on the flimsy bumper look like in the pics, i'd say that's going to happen at some future time.

suggest you do a search, here, about bike racks on ultra-lite trailer bumpers.

Yup, put a bolt on bike rack on my ROO 233S bumper and after about 3500 miles.. Oh wait, mines is still there with no problems whatsoever... Nevermind

I've seen more than a few trailers of all types with all sorts of stuff on the bumper .... have you ever lifted the spare & mounting bracket? They are on almost every trailer ever built... no problems there. But having said that, I may look at some additional bracing to the next crossmember.

Anyway, let's not hijack the thread.... bring on more mods please.
2010 Keystone Springdale 298
2004 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
bikendan wrote:
drenjoey wrote:
It's not that we don't like the idea, but is the bumper strong enough to support the weight of a bike rack...........I doubt very much !

x2!!

you'll soon be watching your bikes and the rack, in the rear view mirror, bouncing down the road.:E
based on what the cheap welds on the flimsy bumper look like in the pics, i'd say that's going to happen at some future time.

Yup, put a bolt on bike rack on my ROO 233S bumper and after about 3500 miles.. Oh wait, mines is still there with no problems whatsoever... Nevermind
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
drenjoey wrote:

x2!!

Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

drenjoey
Explorer
Explorer

Jet_A-1
Explorer
Explorer
Last week I ran across a bolt on hitch receiver at a local hardware store (Princess Auto for the Canadians out there) and the same day I bought a four bike carrier I found on Kijiji. I also had to get the reducer for the receiver to go from 2" down to the 1 1/8" bike rack tongue.

I mounted it on top of the bumper as opposed to underneath to give me a bit better clearance out back - didn't want to risk the bikes backing into or leaving certain campsites. The rack can quickly be either fold down or be removed to enable the end bunk to fold down. The spare tire mount had to be slid to the side as well but no so far as to interfere with the support for the bunk.

And yes I know there are plenty of folks out there who don't like the idea of having anything attached to the bumper.......

Jet_A-1
Explorer
Explorer
Today I decided to get rid of those rubber end caps on the bumper...I lost one a couple of days ago on the highway and nearly lost the hose!

The right side has a washers & a nut while the other side has just the bolt pasing through the holes. Unless I put the thing on its lid then the bolt should stay put....I hope.

Jet_A-1
Explorer
Explorer
Not a 'mod' as such but I saw these around here somewhere so I decided to make a set using a pieces of pressure treated 4x4 and all stainless steel hardware.

They certainly generated a bit of discussion this past weekend. More than a few said they'd like to have a set.

Also, a couple of weeks ago I freshened up the rims using a wire wheel mounted on a grinder followed by a coat of rust converter and three coats of Corrostop gloss white (brushed on by the way - looks good from 5 feet!...and the Corrostop flows out a lot better than Tremclad and seems glossier too)). Then I lightly sanded and painted the faded plastic hub caps with a couple of coats of Dulicolor Chrome spray paint.

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Exact same model I used to replace the piece of garbage Concertone
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jet_A-1
Explorer
Explorer
drenjoey wrote:
My latest mod. I replaced the factory radio with a Jensen AWM970. I did have to make a cut so the Jensen will fit, but it all worked out fine. Lots of wires to connect.
I must say that the sound is much better then the factory radio.

Nice mod... I have a similar arrangement in my Trail Sport. I recently knocked out that dummy panel above the stereo and put a shelf in there to add a bit more storage space. I had to tidy up the wiring quite a bit including the antenna wire which is about 10 feet longer than it needs to be!. That wire and a couple speaker wires do run through the space but I ran those inside a suitable length of split loom (or convoluted tubing - whatever you call that black plastic stuff that you run automotive wires through) neatly tucked/hidden in the front right corner. I put a small black bungee cord across the opening about a third of the way up to try to keep stuff from falling out. We've been using it to store hamburger an hotdog rolls. I wondered why they didn't do this to start with, as the stereo doesn't require that much space.

miatared
Explorer
Explorer
r3rjr wrote:
These are the few changes to our 09 Palomino S-17
And just a pic for prosperity.

You probably meant "posterity" ๐Ÿ˜‰

Otherwise, I should be very prosper....

camp4ever
Explorer
Explorer
TMBLSN wrote:
camp4ever wrote:
No, they are not low at all, the pic is deceiving, I wouldn't have installed them to have them ripped off :S

There must be a reason that they extend beyond the valve?

Why even have a pipe on the outlet side of the valve?

I didn't want road dirt to get in there and scratch or muck up the ball valve, as it sits right at the bottom of the valve, then having it leak, no other reason for it then to protect it. The camper sits high and the extentions are only 2-3" long. It does look like they sit low in the pic but in reality, they are high off the ground.
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2004 Ford Explorer w/ Towing Package
2014 Passport 2300 BH

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
camp4ever wrote:
No, they are not low at all, the pic is deceiving, I wouldn't have installed them to have them ripped off :S

There must be a reason that they extend beyond the valve?

Why even have a pipe on the outlet side of the valve?
Lee