cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

happybooker1
Explorer
Explorer
Very simple mod -- I got one of those 'over the sink' shelves (@ Ross -- bamboo -- $10) and it fit *perfectly* behind the stove. I can always use an extra shelf!!

2008 Tacoma Extended Cab
2009 Keystone Hideout 19FLB
Andersen "No Sway" "No Bounce" WDH

afob3
Explorer
Explorer
We've been getting the HTT ready this week and have added a few personal touches after making a list of 'wants' at the end of last season.

Some of them aren't nearly as creative as others here but they are a mod to us since it will make our trips a bit easier.

-Towel Hooks on the bathroom door. We had cheap plastic ones that didn't seem to hold enough and all of the rod style hangers were too wide for our door so I zip tied two of these together and fastned them to the top of the door so they don't slip around.

-DW was tired of the soap bottles attacking her when she opened the medicine cabinet so we found two of these dispensers at Home Depot and hung one in each corner of the shower. They require no dirlling and attach with silicone glue.

I had to cut the bracket a bit to get it to sit flat in the corner.

- I found a place to store my reflectix window inserts. Sometimes you think of the simple things last after making things too complicated.

- Lastly I found some empty space under the oven by unfastening one side of filler door and attaching a spring latch. We didn't put a knob on this one because we are storing stuff in there that the kids should be able to get into.

Oodles of wasted space hiding in there.

2012 Koala 25DS
2011 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew with Max Tow Package

www.familyobrien.net

aepowell
Explorer
Explorer
This is my first mod.

3 Inch lift on My 23B Jayco
Anthony & Margie Powell
Sherman,Tx.
2001 Jayco Kiwi 23B
2013 Ram Slt Lonestar(yea its got a HEMI)

wobly
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
I could have sworn I've seen them recently at either the Home Depot or Ace Hardware. Those are called Footman Loops.

For those that are wondering, I was able to find Footman Loops at Timberline Foam and Upholstery in Colorado Springs. http://www.timberlinefoam.com/ After spending a couple of hours looking for these things, I found that Canon City Marine carries them as well, but sold their last ones the day before I called. Timberline had plenty of them on hand sold them for $1 each.
2010 Dodge Ram 1500, Crew Cab, 4x4, 5.7L Hemi
2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS

Exrhodie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi to All
I just signed up today but I have been browsing this forum for a few months now.My wife and i purchased a hybrid(Jayco 23B) last april,it is our first trailer.We enjoy getting out on weekends.
I have been looking closely to all the mods and am in the process of making leveling bags for my trailer.I hope to come up with a few of my own to share here.
For now thanks for a great forum.
Theunis,Karen and 2 adult daughters
07 CC Silverado Classic 1500 Z71 5.3l 4.10axle
HD tow package
Reese WDH
09 Jayco 23B HTT

highlife4me
Explorer
Explorer
Here is my outside table mod. I have now made one for a TT, motor home, Hybrid, and pop-up, now building one for a toy hauler. Check it out at web shots.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/549215163LOgOja

Happy camping!

Champy2
Explorer
Explorer
Some of our mods to the Jayco 23B:

Added square vinyl post cover across the front A frame as a sewer hose holder.

Bungee corded end caps with breather holes drilled in them. Plus added retainer clips to hold everything inside.

Home made Slide Covers: PVC pipe and fiberglass panel

Also added:
  • a battery cutoff switch
  • remote battery charging connector
  • a solar panel charger
  • rain gutter extensions

I also built a wooden step platform (2'x 3') that sits outside as a small porch, but when turned upside down, is a storage container that slides under the U shaped dinette while traveling.
2009 Jayco JayFeather 23B
2009 Dodge 2500 QuadCab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L; Prodigy; Equalizer WDH
4BusyDads.com

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
wobly wrote:
Leaf-Peeper wrote:
Hereโ€™s our LCD TV/DVD setup for dry camping

Leef-Peeper, where did you find the little metal mounts to attach the velcro to? I know they are on military vehicles, but I can't find the small brackets anywhere!

I could have sworn I've seen them recently at either the Home Depot or Ace Hardware. Those are called Footman Loops.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

wobly
Explorer
Explorer
Leaf-Peeper wrote:
Hereโ€™s our LCD TV/DVD setup for dry camping

Leef-Peeper, where did you find the little metal mounts to attach the velcro to? I know they are on military vehicles, but I can't find the small brackets anywhere!
2010 Dodge Ram 1500, Crew Cab, 4x4, 5.7L Hemi
2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS

ejonny
Explorer
Explorer
Frank, we usually are camped at locations with no hookups -- we can go 10 days without the batteries totally dieing-out on us but that's mostly due to us being really conservative. The solar panel is 65 watts and certainly helps, but the biggest power draw we typically have is the water pump and probably the furnace blower. If we were running stereo, television and other such appliances I'm sure the solar panel wouldn't be a heck of a lot of help. The solar sure does help slow the loses though! We do have a controller for the panel. It's not a super expensive model or anything -- I don't think it's really as important an item when using such a low powered system as ours. Overcharging is not usually an issue.
2005 Rockwood Roo 21'
Toyota Tundra 05 Double Cab

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
How many Watts is that? We usually camp where there is power at the sites but we do have one place we go that is totally primative. The only "facility" there are a pair of dilapitated plywood outhouses - no, really. So far when we stay 2 nights we have not run our batteries (two US145 6VDC golf cart batteries) down to where we would need to use a generator or connect the truck but if we were to stay longer... Doesn't look like you have one of those digital charge controller thingies?
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

ejonny
Explorer
Explorer
Popeye -- The panel is 20 x 48. It sits on the ground, picnic table, or wherever else we can find a sun spot! It's not nearly as convenient as a roof mounted panel but it runs at full power for much of the day this way even when the trailer itself is sitting in the shade. (and I'm weird enough to actually enjoy adjusting it when we revisit the camp during different periods of the day!)

I've a full-width pull out storage bin that sits under the sofa at the front of the trailer...you know, the kind that is accessible from the outside of the trailer through doors on both sides? I pull the big bin out the opposite side which gives room for a tray mounted to the top of that compartment to tilt downward -- this upper tray holds the solar panel when not in use. I wish I had a picture -- this is way simpler than it sounds! Keeps the panel out of harms way really well though when it's not being used and I can still fill the storage bin up to full capacity.
2005 Rockwood Roo 21'

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Jon,
Do you just leave the solar panel on the ground or do you put it up on top of your Roo? What size is it and do you have any issues with safely storing it while on the road?
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

bercher
Explorer
Explorer
We had Dish TV installed, needed a place to tuck the receiver. In our 2010 Open Range 385RLS we had never, not once, used the slide-out desk that is installed under the TV. So we removed the wooden "desk" top slide-out, replaced the hinges with hinges that hold the door open, and drilled a cable/access hole behind the TV to run the cables. We plan on tethering the receiver down with a cable over the top of the receiver to prevent it from shifting during travel.

2010 Open Range 385RLS
2009 Chevy Durmax/Allison 2500HD Ext Cab
PullRite SuperGlide 18k

ejonny
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, what a great bunch of ideas in this thread! Here's a few of my own mods:

Lots of my mods are related to storage such as removing the diagonal divider under the bath sink and strapping the pipes to one side, making more room for towels and such:

Removed another divider in front of the wheelwell which gave probably 4 more sq. ft. storage in one cupboard:

There was a fake front on the top drawer of the kitchen drawers -- it didn't actually open. Fixed that problem, but it could only be half depth because of the sink:

I don't have the before pic but I replaced the HUGE cd player with a car-type cd/radio. I've got a door ordered for the opening that was created:

The area under the fridge was inaccessible -- put a door in where we now store all the shoes!

I've no welding skills so I bolted together some underframe storage for the portable sewer cart and an under-bed type storage container for outdoor sort of stuff. The trays tilt down on the opposite edge of the trailer.

I've some mod's for electronics: The solar panel has adjustable aluminum legs to tilt toward the sun. The "shore" power cord is used to plug the trailer in when power is available or acts to connect my solar panel to the batteries otherwise. Gives me about 25' of play to position the panel directly into the sun where possible. There's a switch barely visible to isolate each battery individually or tie them together or cut them completely off. The trailer only came with one battery tray so I had to mod that as well to fit two batteries.
2005 Rockwood Roo 21'