cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1972 Amerigo Camper Rebuild

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
After posting a few comments on another thread, I decided to start this one under a topic more easily recognized. I also have started a blog at: http://www.tcreviver.com. Okay, MKish, here it is. I'll post to it whenever I get a chance. -Carey
'03 Ford F-350 7.3 LB SRW. Ride Rites.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130
New rig 2017 Jayflight 31QBDS
2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
394 REPLIES 394

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
Got a chance to work on her today and added some pictures to the blog. I don't have to work tonight so if the weather isn't too bitter tomorrow, I might try to work some more then. I really would like to get the floor out and new wood under there. If you go to the blog, you'll notice that there is an area between the gray tank and the curb side that has unused space. I plan to run a 2X6 down that area all the way to the back as well as one on the outer curb side to shore up the rear end and try to eliminate the ass-sag that is so prevalent in these units. I know that I'm changing the look of this camper on the truck, but it sat down on the side rails and almost on the cab. I needed some head room. This will give me more headroom than I need and I am big on asthetics, but after the TT, I just don't want to go without the use of gray and black tanks. Everything is a tradeoff. I've weighed the advantages of one against the need for the other. I'm not sure it won't really look redneck, but after all - I'm just a farm boy at heart. -Carey
Old rig '99 Lance 1130

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
1971amerigo wrote:
Carey are you putting the original siding back on,or are you getting new?

I think I'm going to try to salvage the old siding. The street side is okay, but the curb side has a place I'll have to pass judgement on. The two protruding "wings on the rear will have to be new as well as the lower trim pieces. It might be cheaper to use glassed plywood, but more work. I'd still like to preserve the original look as much as possible.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
Carey are you putting the original siding back on,or are you getting new?

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
Sweet Tater wrote:
you go boy,lol. Cary it sounds like you got it going on with a vengeance now. I am outta business for a bit now, outta work and the weather is killing us. Mine is tarped right now also. If this freezing rain dont stop Im gonna have to chisel it out of an ice block.
How you like that fantastic? I love mine, cant wait to get it installed.

Yeah, the weather here is killing the remainder of my time off. I think it's supposed to snow here Friday. Maybe Thursday will be a decent day. I've had the Fantastic Vent in my TT. I wouldn't leave home without it.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130

Sweet_Tater
Explorer
Explorer
you go boy,lol. Cary it sounds like you got it going on with a vengeance now. I am outta business for a bit now, outta work and the weather is killing us. Mine is tarped right now also. If this freezing rain dont stop Im gonna have to chisel it out of an ice block.
How you like that fantastic? I love mine, cant wait to get it installed.

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds Great !
If you have any problems with the new tanks give me a shout .
I was hoping someone would post I did not want to see this thread end up on page 9
Can't wait to see more pics

Good luck

Bob W.

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
NIIIIICE!!! :C

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
I finally made up my mind and ordered the parts to finish my project. I got the Fantastic vent, CO and LP alarms and Aqua Magic toilet from PPL. 46 gallon gray water tank from rvandvansurplus.com,
30 gallon fresh tank and 39 gallon black tank from Plastic-Mart.com, 45 amp PowerMax Boondocker converter, SeeLevel II gauges and PD5000 30 amp distribution panel from Best Converter, Polar Cub 9200 BTU ac, Suburban NT-16SE Furnace, Dometic 4 cft refrigerator, Suburban SW6DE water heater, Elixir 26"X26" Escape Vent, Winegard Sensar IV antenna,and outside shower from Adventure RV. I also found a job and now I can work on my project again, when time and weather permit. I have it tarped down for now. Call me the Happy Almost-a-Camper. :B
Old rig '99 Lance 1130

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
Wish it was closer.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
There is a free Amerigo camper up for grabs in Torrance California.
From the pics it looks like it is all there .Didn't know if someone in that area was looking for parts.

AMERIGO TRUCK BED CAMPER - 8 FOOT BED - 16 FEET OVERALL - ALL SYSTEMS IN TACT - COULD BE MADE LIVEABLE VERY EASILY & FREE!!!! YOU HAUL AWAY - BILL OF SALE ONLY!!!
PLEASE CALL SCOTT AT 310-897-2919 - MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 9:00 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M. Location: TORRANCE it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests in for some parts.

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks John, Hope you have a great one too! Maybe next year I can catch up with you on my way to Ft Worth to see my son. I like your taste in champagne. Carey
Old rig '99 Lance 1130

Sweet_Tater
Explorer
Explorer
Happy New Tear Carey,may you and your family be blessed in this coming year. A toast to you and yours the Mississippi way, a shot of shine and a chaser of muscadine wine.

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
Nice.... Looks great. love the rear bed.

ezcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Amen to that!

Sweet_Tater
Explorer
Explorer
Merry Christmas to you and your family. May the joy of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you through the year