cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Chalet TS116RB -the ULTIMATE luxury TC ever??

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I know it's VERRRRY heavy and very expensive (I'd imagine)!! But sheesh...this thing just blows me away!! :E

-An actual shower that someone my size could FIT in (6-1).
-A 650W solar system on the roof.
-SIX batteries on board.
-Radiant heat in floor.
-A kitchen peninsula.
-Reclining leather chair.
-2 large flat screens.
-TONSSS of storage space both inside and out.
-Oh yeah...a washer/dryer!

I do realize that this basic floor plan is already currently offered in certain Chalet models, but IMO the rear slide in this particular model is a HUGE improvement in "usable space" than the rear slide with sofa is.

15min video of the prototype that is for sale in Texas-

Article-

Article-

So what's your opinion?
43 REPLIES 43

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
jmtandem wrote:
I also was less than impressed with the array of switches that are vertically positioned on the wall. I think a control panel that accommodated all the switches would be cleaner and more professional.

Agreed!

The camper is heavy.

Is it really that much more than the big Lance, Host or Eagle Cap though? (Well I would assume it could be at least slightly more heavy, given the (6) batteries and washer, etc.)

Is it worth about $20,000 more (guessing) than a new Lance 1191 or AF 1150 dry bath?

So you're thinking it's priced at $55-$65k?? :E

I see new Lance 1191's from $35k to $45k+...

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Maybe it's just me but something that size doesn't have any appeal. I can't see going down forest service roads, or icy mt roads. or steep twisties on my way to favorite fishing spots trying to haul something that big.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
So what's your opinion?

I would love to have one! It raises the bar on truck campers. It has a lot of neat features; however, in floor radiant heat is not something I would care about. I also was less than impressed with the array of switches that are vertically positioned on the wall. I think a control panel that accommodated all the switches would be cleaner and more professional. It would be interesting to learn how well the washer/dryer works. The camper is heavy. Is it worth about $20,000 more (guessing) than a new Lance 1191 or AF 1150 dry bath? Host also makes some very nice truck campers. It is time for Northwoods Arctic Fox and Lance to up their game in the luxury camper arena to stay competitive. Folks that opt for this camper will likely increase 450/4500 550/5500 truck sales.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
kerry4951 wrote:
"TONSSS of storage space both inside and out".........I dont see it. The cabover bed area has hardly any storage for clothing. Id much rather have the Eagle Cap 1165.

Ok, perhaps I should have said "plenty of storage..." :B

The 1165 definitely has TONSSS of storage in the bedroom area, that is true.

Personally, I'd rather sacrifice some of that bedroom storage for more windows, though. JMO...

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Fwiw, most of us can shower in any shower, I'm 6'1", too.

I'm going to assume you've never tried showering in an old '72 Amerigo wet bath with it's 2sq ft of actual shower floor space! 😮

tad94564
Explorer
Explorer
We like our Host Mammoth.. The bathroom is huge, I can easily fit 2 people in it with the doors closed, and another in the shower for 3 people.

The basement is huge, and ours has the king size bed, which kills all of the cabinets in the cabover, but makes for a very spacious bed.

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
"TONSSS of storage space both inside and out".........I dont see it. The cabover bed area has hardly any storage for clothing. Id much rather have the Eagle Cap 1165.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
YouTube video link and two links to truckcampermag doesn't make it the ultimate. At the end of the day, you have to choose what you want, but I'd buy a Host if I wanted an ultimate. Fwiw, most of us can shower in any shower, I'm 6'1", too.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
With all those slides "in", you can't even get inside! Notice, they didn't show any photos with the slides "in". Looks like, you can't even get in the door with the rear slide in!

Yes, good point...but is it really a big deal to open up the rear slide when on the road (potty break)? Could you actually drive with it left open, perhaps?? (probably not)

I dunno...IMHO, I'd say that the increase of valuable, "precious space" far outweighs that "minor inconvenience". Again, JMO...

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I will say that's an impressive TC. A lot crammed into a small space. But not for me. With all those slides "in", you can't even get inside! Notice, they didn't show any photos with the slides "in". Looks like, you can't even get in the door with the rear slide in! But, I'm sure it will fit someone's needs, but not mine!

HudsonValleyRog
Explorer
Explorer
Wow. Jim...I'd say that your 1160 is right up there in the same "Cat's @ss" category! VERY nice TC as well!

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
I am IMPRESSED!

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Holy crap... that thing is nice!

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
I have a rear slide, and that's what moved me out of my AF1150 -- a sofa on the rear slide.

Most expensive sofa I ever bought.

I did look at a triple slide Chalet at my dealer once, didn't like the kitchen island. IMHO, kitchen was too cramped and the island took up too much space. But again, that's just me.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo