cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2018 Ram w/Hood Scoop

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like drittal was right. Ram appears to be adding a hood scoop to increase power output for 2018. The grill shape looks like it may resemble that of the 1500.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"
44 REPLIES 44

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
jus2shy wrote:
So getting back on topic, RAM may be showing off a new hood. In the new RAM TRX thingy that debut'd in Texas, it indeed has 1 tiny hood scoop in the front, but 3 heat extractors on the top of the hood. Seems like a Ford Raptor competitor, but I think this video spills the beans as to what they're hiding.

I could be wrong but I don't think this is the same hood that's in the link I provided. If you look hard at the HD truck pictures you can see the entire top of the grill behind the mesh and there's no intake there.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
So getting back on topic, RAM may be showing off a new hood. In the new RAM TRX thingy that debut'd in Texas, it indeed has 1 tiny hood scoop in the front, but 3 heat extractors on the top of the hood. Seems like a Ford Raptor competitor, but I think this video spills the beans as to what they're hiding.
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
More on topic, I have "Stealth" RAM air.

Ya my Cummins does too...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
goducks10 wrote:
2001400ex wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:
I'm just courious what people that have done all the deletes on their trucks are going to do when they bring back emission inspections in all states.

Well, at least they'll be able to drive them there!

There are a lot of states controlled by people that don't believe in global warming or adding regulations. So many states will never have emission inspections.

Global warming or Climate change isn't the reason it's done at least in Oregon. It's been done long before Global Climate change was a topic. It's for emissions. One city is heavily populated and the other is susceptible to smog inversions.
Frankly I'm glad they do it. How many times have you been behind a car that's blows smoke every time they leave a stop light.

As long as it's a cloud of black smoke it's all good! Jk
Funny I just realized that recently. Driving behind some old pos and spewing fumes.
Haven't smelled that in a while. Used to be common place sitting in traffic, don't know if it's worse to roll the windows down or leave them up!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

sparechange
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully by time they get around to testing my emissions it will be considered a classic and it won't apply
2009 duramax, 2016 creekside 23dbs, 1 wife, 2 kids, 1 dog, 1 cat, 2 guinea pigs

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
2001400ex wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:
I'm just courious what people that have done all the deletes on their trucks are going to do when they bring back emission inspections in all states.

There are a lot of states controlled by people that don't believe in global warming or adding regulations. So many states will never have emission inspections.

Global warming or Climate change isn't the reason it's done at least in Oregon. It's been done long before Global Climate change was a topic. It's for emissions. One city is heavily populated and the other is susceptible to smog inversions.
Frankly I'm glad they do it. How many times have you been behind a car that's blows smoke every time they leave a stop light.

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
tinner12002 wrote:

In Oregon only two cities Portland and Medford requires emissions testing that I know of. None where I live in Oregon.

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
2001400ex wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:

The testing in WA was supposed to sunset once pollution levels were achieved. They have and more but the system like all good Government systems is still in tact!

O, it's not called Global Warming anymore it's "Climate change". ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah and in Washington it's regulated at the county level. In Spokane county they don't test diesels newer than 07. As of right now.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
More on topic, I have "Stealth" RAM air.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
2001400ex wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:

The testing in WA was supposed to sunset once pollution levels were achieved. They have and more but the system like all good Government systems is still in tact!

O, it's not called Global Warming anymore it's "Climate change". ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
tinner12002 wrote:

2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
tinner12002 wrote:

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Misread post