cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 HD trucks delivery date

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that have ordered a new 2022 HD truck, what delivery date have you gotten from your dealer? I ordered a HD Silverado Duramax last week and had him wright into the contract that I get my deposit back if not delivered by January 1st. I am thinking I am going to get my deposit back!
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier
62 REPLIES 62

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
we have 3 @ F350's on order right now... my bro in law.... son in law.... and best buddy.... All 3 were ordered in March and was told probably Late August originally...

1 was in Production last week, the other 2 are scheduled for next week... 1 on 9/13 and the other on 9/15..

MSRP on highest was $79,285.00... signed for it at $ 71,000.00

Building 22's ,and they got 21's sitting unfinished , now that makes sense .My son has had a 22 on order for months ,and no build date at all .

IF its a Ford, tell him to drop the Adaptive Steering and it will get scheduled.... Right now, only the King Ranch with adaptive Steering are getting scheduled.... Some components in the steering wheels is holding it all up..

Thanks . Ya its a Ford Lariat , he knew about the adaptive cruise , and canceled it .

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
For people that want chips made in the US - some are, look at Intel in OR, AZ and other states. The auto manufacturers have tried other chips but have had major failures. It's not that easy to just "make" the chips somewhere else. I am sure that many manufacturers are looking for other sources of chips and some could be US, but the volume that they get makes it difficult to get in the US. US environmental regulations have reduced the number of companies that can make chips, circuit boards, and other electronics in the US - also competition from Chinese facilities has made it difficult. With the US minimum wage going up, it will make it even harder to source low cost products in the US. Also, realize that most of these chips are designed in the US but production is in China or elsewhere. So, the companies that make these have facilities all over the world. Really the issue is COVID. Once we can get past this, things could get back to normal, or a new normal... When will trucks hit $100K? $200K?

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
Bowti wrote:
OK, 3 pages now and no one that ordered a new 2022 HD truck has received it. Not even those who ordered one last March, that's 6 months ago. Hard to believe this country is in this kind of shape.

SDcampowneroperator ordered a GM HD and has received his. Vehicles are allocated to all dealers. You must be sure that the dealer will be placing your order against their allocation.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has asked the same question: "Why can't WE make the chips here in the USA instead of relying on China?"
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
philh wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
When I ordered my 2022 they said it would be in by the end of August. Now that we are into September I called to see where my truck is and they don’t have a build date for me yet ….. so it turns out I’m going to have to do a oil change on my 2021.

Make sure the dealer added your email to the order. Also, did you order with Adaptive Steering? That option is on indefinite delay. I cancelled it off of my order and finally got scheduled.

No I didn't order Adaptive Steering. I don't remember exactly but I think the truck was ordered about May .... My '21 was 2 months from order to built.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
monkey44 wrote:
Not so hard to believe when we depend on out-sourcing products we need ... how many of us would pay more, keep business in-house, and get our truck and products when we want or need them. Count me in !!

Count me in as well...
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
Not so hard to believe when we depend on out-sourcing products we need ... how many of us would pay more, keep business in-house, and get our truck and products when we want or need them. Count me in !!
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
OK, 3 pages now and no one that ordered a new 2022 HD truck has received it. Not even those who ordered one last March, that's 6 months ago. Hard to believe this country is in this kind of shape.
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ordered my '22 F350 on March 15, the day the order bank opened. date was supposed to be early June, and that slipped to mid July. @!#$$%^ Dealer in their infinite wisdom changed my order type from "retail" to "stock" on May 24. I caught the mistake and raised all kinds of HE!!, to get it changed back, which they did, but my order date is officially 6/5. I and my wife raised enough stink through a couple of different avenues, we now how the highest priority Ford can assign. I had a date of 9/8, which then became 9/7, and now is 9/17.
I'm sitting on pins an needles, because my new 5th wheel is sitting at the dealer waiting for me to pick it up. If it slips anymore, I'm going to have to pay someone to move 700 miles 😞

cummins2014 wrote:
ford truck guy wrote:
we have 3 @ F350's on order right now... my bro in law.... son in law.... and best buddy.... All 3 were ordered in March and was told probably Late August originally...

1 was in Production last week, the other 2 are scheduled for next week... 1 on 9/13 and the other on 9/15..

MSRP on highest was $79,285.00... signed for it at $ 71,000.00

Building 22's ,and they got 21's sitting unfinished , now that makes sense .My son has had a 22 on order for months ,and no build date at all .

IF its a Ford, tell him to drop the Adaptive Steering and it will get scheduled.... Right now, only the King Ranch with adaptive Steering are getting scheduled.... Some components in the steering wheels is holding it all up..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Ark235B
Explorer
Explorer
GM truck orders are taking 34 weeks. I have that from a good source.
Justin Holder
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab SWB "600" Cummins
2010 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 270RKS Fifth Wheel
PPSEL

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
over a week ago I put in a order for a new F150 3.5L HD Ecoboost 4X4 Supercrew, was told should be in by Dec. That said I remember ordering my Tacoma in 07, that took several months also. First camping trip is 4-2022 so that would be my maximum deadline, guess we shall see..

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

blt2ski
Make sure said flooded rigs don't make it to your non flood area for sale. I know of a few that have shown up here in NW US. Give dealer enough proff they sold you a flood rig, owners got money back and great price on a new rig....
May not always happen.

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

FireGuard
Explorer
Explorer
Glad I was able to find a new Ram 3500 DRW on a local dealer lot, built just how I would have ordered it.
13Jeep Wrangler
07 Ragen 21FB
12 Yamaha Super Tenere
14 Suzuki DR 650

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
With all the vehicles that got flooded by hurricane Ida purchasing a vehicle will be even more difficult and the prices will probably go up even more.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"