Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

8 foot bed?

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the market foR
a used f 350 diesel crew cab with an 8 foot bed it's like finding a needle in a haystack, has anybody else noticed its hard to find a crew cab with an 8 foot bed single rear wheel? Thanks Lou
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator
34 REPLIES 34

Royals_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
Short boxes should be on half tons

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is an east coast thing, even out west a CC long bed is a pain to park. People complain about DRW but that doesn't bother me as much as the length of my CC long bed.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had to drive from Michigan to Wisconsin to buy ours.... and we're a car dealer. Ed had been hoping one would run through one of the 3 dealer auctions he regularly attends, but no such luck.

They are a BEAST to park, even as SWD....LOL!!! On the other hand, the ride was limo-like when pulling our 5er; and it never downshifted climbing mountains - just spooled up the turbo a bit.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
LineC wrote:
Might get lucky on government liquidation website if you can stand the blue color.

Air Force Blue - awesome non metallic color.
Bob

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I found hard to find was a DRW gas in any trim higher than XL. A couple of years ago when I was shopping a search yielded no trucks west of the Mississippi. Ended up ordering.

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Must be a NY thing. F350 CCLB SRW diesels are all over the place out here in the west.

Try the "for sale" sections in the diesel forums. powerstroke.org is a huge site. Some forums even have buy/sale/trade areas by region.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Ace_
Explorer
Explorer
People around here would say, "How do you get 'real' work done without an 8' bed?"
2015 Four Wheel Camper Hawk (on order, impatiently waiting)
2005 Ford F250 CC, V10, 4.30, 4x4
Triple A RV in Medford Sucks

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
It surprises me how regional these things are. Around here 90% of the trucks (above 1/2 tons) are SRW 350/3500 short boxes, it's very rare to see a long box or a 250/2500.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

pcoplin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check out Oregon and Washington Craigslist. I bet the short beds are hard to find. Lots of crew cab long beds here. This is truck country. ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 F350 CCLB Dually 6.0/5R110
2009 Adventurer 950B

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Front range in Colo nothing on the lots. This is grocery getter territory. Even hard to find a "standard" box. Get out to were a lot of commercial and farm trucks and you can find them. If they quit the 8 foot bed ill patch my "03" until I die.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

tonymull
Explorer
Explorer
I was shopping gassers but they were plentiful here in WA.

Ace_
Explorer
Explorer
I think it must be an east v west coast thing. I think that is the most popular combination in Oregon. I have a short box and you probably wouldn't believe how many times I've gotten comments about not buying a "real" truck (real trucks have 8' boxes). I had to have my dealer do a dealer trade to get my truck.
2015 Four Wheel Camper Hawk (on order, impatiently waiting)
2005 Ford F250 CC, V10, 4.30, 4x4
Triple A RV in Medford Sucks

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
here in northern Ca cc lb srw is an easy combo to find. cc dually is rare unless you go out to the central valley
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Canonsue
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a new F350, crew cab, 8ft bed. However, my truck is a gasser. And yes, this is a fleet truck, XL package. I heard one salesman at the dealership said that he thought they no longer made manual locking hubs. I have manual locking hubs. ๐Ÿ™‚

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
SRW F350's and 3500s are tough to find to begin with, let alone with the least desirable cab/bed configuration.

Most that buy an SRW crew cab truck buy it to tow a larger camper and haul their family. They want short beds.

Most of the 350/3500 series trucks in crew cab long bed are DRW for the ranchers, horse people, and RV haulers.

Last year in all of WNY when I was shopping for trucks every week, there was new ONE 3500HD SRW CC LB Chevy on a lot.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.