cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AC problem?

aclay
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2012 Sprinter and this past weekend was the first time I tried to use the AC. It never seemed to kick on. The temp was the same on fan or AC, and there was no change in the sound coming from the unit. The air was cool, but not cold. I noted that as I turned the temp down on the thermostat there was a "click" in the thermostat making me think it sent the "turn on AC" signal. Am I missing something? It's a haul to take it in for service, but I am supposing that's my next stop.
2012 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax CC SRW 4x4, 2013 Sprinter 311BHS, DW, 3 boys, & 2 dogs...
Campingourway Blog
6 REPLIES 6

aclay
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. I called the dealer, the earliest they can see me is July 5th... which is 3 days into my next trip. I'll go check the simple stuff, I forgot the easy stuff like breakers/fuses etc.

The fan was definitely running, but the compressor didn't come on, it didn't even sound like it tried to come on. I did hear the "click" from the thermostat to indicate the temp was right to kick the AC on.
2012 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax CC SRW 4x4, 2013 Sprinter 311BHS, DW, 3 boys, & 2 dogs...
Campingourway Blog

ReferDog
Explorer
Explorer
Service call for sure. Could be a start capacitor, but no telling until it is inspected or serviced.
ReferDog 2008 Chevy 2500 HD Dura Max
Artic Fox 30U

Equlizer Hitch

eddie3260
Explorer
Explorer
With a bad motor start cap you should still hear a change in the sound of the unit when the motor tries to start. If nothing is happening, it may be the compressor relay. You should have schematics that will show which wires to jump out to actuate this relay.

aclay
Explorer
Explorer
Plugged into 30a service at a campground.
Campingourway Blog

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
where were you plugged in? was it at a campground with 30 amp service or did you use a generator?

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
If the compressor isn't kicking in, its most likely a start capacitor.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work