cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Airbag Recall

Ark235B
Explorer
Explorer
I received an airbag recall notice my 2004.5 Dodge 2500 CTD this week. Did anyone else get one?

Justin
Justin Holder
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab SWB "600" Cummins
2010 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 270RKS Fifth Wheel
PPSEL
12 REPLIES 12

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
B.O. Plenty wrote:
If it's like the steering recall on my old Ram, be prepared to get a tap dance about parts availability then wait up to a year to get it done. Took forever to get the new steering linkage for mine then just after that finally got fixed I got a notice in the mail for a fuel heater problem...I sold the truck about that time. What good is a recall if they have no intention of fixing it and make you wait forever? That was the last Chrysler product I'll ever own.

B.O.
Using your logic I will never own a GM product. I drove a Chevy truck at the place I worked(their truck) for 11 years and 132K. It had two transmission go out in less than 100K. Plus other issues that could be considered normal problems like water pump, alternator, ball joints, power steering pumps, instrument cluster, fuel sending unit, wheel bearing, door handles breaking,. Most of these were at less than 100K. To each their own.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Had my RAM done last week. Took less than half hour.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet

chryslermastert
Explorer
Explorer
we have parts for the recall did one today, one sitting in my bay for tomorrow morning.
Mel Scwhentner
Chrysler tech/shop foreman 40 years
A.S.E mastertech certfied 30+year
2012 Jeep wk
1965 Chrysler 300
1951 Desoto s15

1965 Chrysler 300 sport
1951 Desoto S15 custom
2015 Viking FQ

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
wilber1 wrote:
The Takata airbag recall involves over 20 million vehicles in the US alone and more than a few manufacturers. Chrysler and Honda are taking the biggest hits but it includes models from all of the Big 3.

Add that to the rest of the world and 40 million new airbags just for the US aren't going to appear tomorrow

Don't forget Toyota. The dealer has had my daughter's 2004 Corolla twice within the last twelve months for the Takata Syndrome (2 recalls). And, lo and behold Toyota has come out with yet another recall because some of the 'repaired' units are still deploying. And, she is waiting on notification parts are available.:E

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
The Takata airbag recall involves over 20 million vehicles in the US alone and more than a few manufacturers. Chrysler and Honda are taking the biggest hits but it includes models from all of the Big 3.

Add that to the rest of the world and 40 million new airbags just for the US aren't going to appear tomorrow
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's like the steering recall on my old Ram, be prepared to get a tap dance about parts availability then wait up to a year to get it done. Took forever to get the new steering linkage for mine then just after that finally got fixed I got a notice in the mail for a fuel heater problem...I sold the truck about that time. What good is a recall if they have no intention of fixing it and make you wait forever? That was the last Chrysler product I'll ever own.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Got the first notice in late December 2014 for the passenger side airbag. Waited til a month ago to take it to a dealer. The repair order stated the passenger bag was replaced under the 'P40' recall campaign. A second entry referencing the driver side bag under the 'P25' recall campaign was marked 'interim'. Got the 'official' recall notice for the P25 recall a week ago. Called FCA hotline to determine whether the driver side bag was replaced or not. The call center employee stated the dealership verified the driver side airbag was indeed part of the recall, and I would receive a second notice when repair parts were available at dealers? When, they know not............

jody_h
Explorer
Explorer
I got one a few months ago and another one last week. Guess i need to call and see if they can take it in.
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 Megacab
2004 Flagstaff 8524RK

MrRetired821
Explorer
Explorer
Got the notice for my 2007.5 Ram 3500 and local Dodge dealership scheduled me for next week. Said it takes about 1 1/2 hours.
Smokey&Bobbye

The_Mad_Norsky
Explorer
Explorer
Talked to service lady at my local Chrysler dealer, as my 2006 300C is included in the recall.

She said they haven't got any of the parts yet for the planned recall,, and looks like it is gonna take awhile to get to mine.
The Mad Norsky, Doll, Logan and Rocky
2014 Ram 3500 w/ Cummins/Aisin
2019 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD LE Wet Bath
RV'ing since 1991

I took the road less traveled .....Now I'm Lost!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Yep, I got mine too.
I dont think they really have any intention of replacing them all - they'll never have enough parts.

trucker495
Explorer
Explorer
Yep,
Got one for my 2005 ram 3500 CTD quad cab long bed SRW. Dealer says they will call when fix is available.
04 HR ALUMASCAPE 31' TRAVEL TRAILER
05 RAM 3500 4X4 CTD SRW CREW CAB LONGBED