cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

All GM trucks combined sell more than Ford.

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
To GM this is what matters. Not bragging about f150s being number 1 for 40 some years. Colorado and Canyon when added to Silverado and sierra outsell ford each month. Oh, and when GMs new 4500 and up trucks come out in the next year, those numbers can be added to the rest of their trucks. Trust me when Ford brings back the ranger, it will cut into F150 sales. Add up all ford truck. Add up all GM trucks. Now that's How it should be. Funny how GM sells more cars and trucks in America than Ford and Toyota. Its all in perspective.
110 REPLIES 110

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Brand loyalty in the automotive context is baffling. Vehicles are expensive, and to not go out of your way to do research and find the best overall option considering your needs and what's available at the time makes no sense to me. Different strokes I guess.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
Burger King sells a lot of burgers too.

And they're a little higher quality!
2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2016 Ford Expedition, 3.5 Eco-Boost
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Burger King sells a lot of burgers too.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Another one for the who cares camp.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
mountainsam wrote:
RinconVTR wrote:
Ford should make a Lincoln truck like Chevy has GMC! Ha!

Fords number also typically includes "All F-series" which cheats a little off Chevy and GM actual units sold as well.

Actually Lincoln does make a pickup.

Do you mean did make a pickup?

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer
Sighhhh....

Who cares.
2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
And what is everyone's thoughts on McDonald's hamburgers? They sell a lot but they're not for me.
2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2016 Ford Expedition, 3.5 Eco-Boost
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP

mountainsam
Explorer
Explorer
RinconVTR wrote:
Ford should make a Lincoln truck like Chevy has GMC! Ha!

Fords number also typically includes "All F-series" which cheats a little off Chevy and GM actual units sold as well.

Actually Lincoln does make a pickup.
2017 Thor Gemini 23TR w/ 3.2 Power Stroke turbo diesel
2014 Ram 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel Crew Cab, Long Bed 4X4 6 Speed Auto (sold)
2013 Rockwood Signature 8281 WS w/Sidewinder Pin (sold)
DW and Sofie our Black Lab /Boxer and Phoebe our Schnoodle

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
ktmrfs wrote:

I give Dodge credit for bringing a good diesel into the HD truck market,
Ford for adding a diesel and making GM realize the old 6.5 wasn't competative
GM for bringing out the Duramax and the Allision transmission and setting a transmission standard so Ford and Dodge stepped up and addressed transmission issues.

The combined competative effort has resulted in some mighty fine choices now.

That is the real answer anyway. If a single company outsold everyone else so dramatically, then there would be just a single truck company. Kind of like Amtrack claiming the most rail passenger miles in America for the last 40 years.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Terryallan wrote:

Sad when you have to start adding EVERYTHING GM makes just to beat out ONE style truck from ford

While which brand has what bragging rights doesn't matter much to me. But just for clarity, F series is not a ONE style truck or one class of truck since the series ranges from the most popular F-150 up to the F-750. OTOH, including the Colorado/Canyon may not make sense when just comparing Ford and GM since Ford no longer makes the Ranger. But OTOH again, when looking across all truck sales and brands it is reasonable to count any vehicle that is legally defined under regulations as a 'truck'.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
GM has also beat Ford hands down in number of bankruptcy proceedings.

This is adding all GM divisions to make it fair. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, while one can go for bragging rights, IMHO there are 3 very very fine mfg of HD pickups available. Plenty to pick and choose from. That's ALL I care about. Enough choices including differences, that anyone should be able to the ONE THEY like and be happy.

I could care less who sells the most.

I give Dodge credit for bringing a good diesel into the HD truck market,
Ford for adding a diesel and making GM realize the old 6.5 wasn't competative
GM for bringing out the Duramax and the Allision transmission and setting a transmission standard so Ford and Dodge stepped up and addressed transmission issues.

The combined competative effort has resulted in some mighty fine choices now.

Our son's works trucks have been ford and dodge, his personal truck a silverado.

All 3/4 ton. Ask him about them and he can point out what he likes and dislikes about each. Each has things he wishes the others had, and Each has things he doesn't care for.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Must be important to you. Not me. Couldn't care less.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:
I think both companies are successful. Does it really matter?

From the often repeated postings on the subject, it obviously does matter to some. :Z

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
MARK VANDERBENT wrote:
To GM this is what matters. Not bragging about f150s being number 1 for 40 some years. Colorado and Canyon when added to Silverado and sierra outsell ford each month. Oh, and when GMs new 4500 and up trucks come out in the next year, those numbers can be added to the rest of their trucks. Trust me when Ford brings back the ranger, it will cut into F150 sales. Add up all ford truck. Add up all GM trucks. Now that's How it should be. Funny how GM sells more cars and trucks in America than Ford and Toyota. Its all in perspective.

Sad when you have to start adding EVERYTHING GM makes just to beat out ONE style truck from ford
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers