cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

All GM trucks combined sell more than Ford.

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
To GM this is what matters. Not bragging about f150s being number 1 for 40 some years. Colorado and Canyon when added to Silverado and sierra outsell ford each month. Oh, and when GMs new 4500 and up trucks come out in the next year, those numbers can be added to the rest of their trucks. Trust me when Ford brings back the ranger, it will cut into F150 sales. Add up all ford truck. Add up all GM trucks. Now that's How it should be. Funny how GM sells more cars and trucks in America than Ford and Toyota. Its all in perspective.
110 REPLIES 110

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hannibal wrote:
spoon059 wrote:
v10superduty wrote:
O.P., why don't you request that this silly thing be closed or deleted?

This is the best and most informative thread that I have ever read on the Tow Vehicles section of RV.net. Why would you want it closed? It hasn't violated any rules, it has remained civil and actually been enjoyable to read!

I agree! We're fixing to take our TV down to Wendy's drive through for a #1 combo with side salad instead of fries and an Apple Pecan Chicken Salad for her with two large iced teas. Mmm!
I also agree. We took a useless thread of mine is better or sells better than yours and made a good one out of it. By the way I forgot to mention the Big Buford combo from Checkers is really good!!
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe they should start a food board. This would allow everyone to discuss the best places to eat when traveling and good recipes to use when camping.
2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2016 Ford Expedition, 3.5 Eco-Boost
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
v10superduty wrote:

This is the best and most informative thread that I have ever read on the Tow Vehicles section of RV.net. Why would you want it closed? It hasn't violated any rules, it has remained civil and actually been enjoyable to read!

I agree! We're fixing to take our TV down to Wendy's drive through for a #1 combo with side salad instead of fries and an Apple Pecan Chicken Salad for her with two large iced teas. Mmm!
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
v10superduty wrote:

2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
So the OP starts another cheerleader type "my truck brand is better than yours" thread that turns into a burger discussion!!!

I just searched to see if you had come back and you haven't, so either your not interested or embarrassed so why not just get rid of it. :S
2000 F250 V10 dragin a 2005 Titanium 29E34RL

Thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
Fordlover wrote:
Thunderbolt wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
The numbers matter to me if the company looks like it will not survive the length of time I plan to own the vehicle. I've dealt with orphan purchases in the past and had to scramble to find cross fitting parts and do my own service.

None of the big three are going anywhere so I wouldn't worry about that.

I'm glad you are so sure of that, and I hope you are correct.

I am sure of that. The government will make sure of that. ๐Ÿ™‚ Seriously though. They are all major companies selling most of the vehicles in the US with GM selling the most. None of them are going under anytime soon. The economy would tank more than it already has if that happened and god forbid if it got that bad again the government wouldn't let it happen no matter which of the big three it was. There is to much money involved. I am not saying the tax payer makes out, but the government itself doesn't lose a dime.
Bryan
2003 2500HD Ext. cab short box
6.0 liter 4.10 gears, Nelson performance PCM 293,000 miles
98 K1500 4x4 heavy duty 1/2 ton (Sold)
6,600lb GVWR 5,280lbs on the scale empty
14 bolt rear diff. 3:73 , Tranny and oil coolers
380,000 miles.

Fordlover
Explorer
Explorer
Thunderbolt wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
The numbers matter to me if the company looks like it will not survive the length of time I plan to own the vehicle. I've dealt with orphan purchases in the past and had to scramble to find cross fitting parts and do my own service.

I'm glad you are so sure of that, and I hope you are correct.
2016 Skyline Layton Javelin 285BH
2018 F-250 Lariat Crew 6.2 Gas 4x4 FX4 4.30 Gear
2007 Infiniti G35 Sport 6 speed daily driver
Retired 2002 Ford Explorer 4.6 V8 4x4
Sold 2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST19CK

Thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:

Bryan
2003 2500HD Ext. cab short box
6.0 liter 4.10 gears, Nelson performance PCM 293,000 miles
98 K1500 4x4 heavy duty 1/2 ton (Sold)
6,600lb GVWR 5,280lbs on the scale empty
14 bolt rear diff. 3:73 , Tranny and oil coolers
380,000 miles.

Bedlam

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Camper_G
Explorer
Explorer
All 3 build good trucks these days so we are lucky. Pros and cons to each. I looked at all 3 and picked the one i liked all around the best. Sales numbers don't matter to me.
2017 Dodge Ram 2500 HD, 4x4, CCSB, 6.4L HEMI, Snow Chief, tow package.,1989 Skyline Layton model 75-2251.

Bedlam
JIMNLIN wrote:
Corn prices are steady but Soy beans and cattle prices are down....should make for cheaper burgers.
Big supply of natural gas at the well head and on rv.net tow vehicle forum...... and McDonalds sells more burgers.....

...what was this thread about anyhows ? Must have been important :Z

Denial and distraction that Ford is the sales leader?

BTW: I brown bag it each day to work, so that I can hopefully make it to retirement (money and health wise).

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Im going to Wendy's for lunch today. Might swing by McDonalds for fries.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
Corn prices are steady but Soy beans and cattle prices are down....should make for cheaper burgers.
Big supply of natural gas at the well head and on rv.net tow vehicle forum...... and McDonalds sells more burgers.....

...what was this thread about anyhows ? Must have been important :Z
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
I have a whole new list for the next time Iam state side, love "the burger thread"
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-