cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

All GM trucks combined sell more than Ford.

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
To GM this is what matters. Not bragging about f150s being number 1 for 40 some years. Colorado and Canyon when added to Silverado and sierra outsell ford each month. Oh, and when GMs new 4500 and up trucks come out in the next year, those numbers can be added to the rest of their trucks. Trust me when Ford brings back the ranger, it will cut into F150 sales. Add up all ford truck. Add up all GM trucks. Now that's How it should be. Funny how GM sells more cars and trucks in America than Ford and Toyota. Its all in perspective.
110 REPLIES 110

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dayle1 wrote:
Terryallan wrote:

Sad when you have to start adding EVERYTHING GM makes just to beat out ONE style truck from ford

when looking across all truck sales and brands it is reasonable to count any vehicle that is legally defined under regulations as a 'truck'.

You mean like Explorers, Escapes, Transit, Equinox, Suburbans, Traverse, Acadia, those kind of trucks? Yes, they are classified legally, as trucks.

But are not counted in this instance, because they do not compete with 150s, 250s, 350s or 1500s, 2500s, or 3500s
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not really. I think the grown ups decided to stop playing the mine is better than yours game. Burgers were a more interesting topic.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II
The best hamburger I've had over the years is made by a little burger joint next to the train station in my city. The owners are a family of Greek descent and they have had this non franchise stand for decades.

I have their chili double burger and you pretty well have to eat it with a knife and fork. It's fantastic and I note with interest that when the local paper does polls about the best burger in town, this place generally comes out on top as far as the general citizenry is concerned.

I don't know their secret, but I do know that the ingredients are fresh, top quality and generous in proportion.

In comparison, McDonalds, Burger King and A+W never seem to score high in the polling results.

However I do like the McDonalds McDouble (I think it's called) and the A+W Papa Burger is a long time favourite of mine...so much so I would vote it a strong second overall, just behind my favoured chili double burger.

Whats this got to do with pickup trucks ? I don't know, but then my post probably has as much relevance as many of the other posts on the subject of which truck sells most.

I tend to prefer the GM pickup truck, mostly because of the LS small block gas V8. But that's me, and I also happen to be an automotive enthusiast...Chevy V8's as the kids say...rock.

Ahh gee...there I go again...starting another internet war. Now all the Ford and Dodge guys are going to chime in and say that Ford and Dodge gas V8's rock far more, than Chevy gas V8's.

FireRob
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
Nobody could ever tell me why Wendy's pressed the patties into squares

If their reasoning is the same as White Castle it's so that more can fit on the griddle at the same time and waste less space. Round patties have lots of dead space when on a loaded up griddle, square ones use up all available space
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC Longhorn LB DRW 4.10's Aisin Trans Auto Lvl Suspension Dual 220 Alternators

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn (traded in)

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB

Charles2222
Explorer
Explorer
Some like McD,some like BK.Me?

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ford still makes a Ranger. We just can't have one in the US. I'd import one if it was allowed!! ๐Ÿ˜ž
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chick Fil A is the best all around fast food in my opinion. Real pieces of chicken, not pre-formed chunks. Grilled nuggets, legitimate salads, fruit cups, etc.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dayle1 wrote:
ktmrfs wrote:

I give Dodge credit for bringing a good diesel into the HD truck market,
Ford for adding a diesel and making GM realize the old 6.5 wasn't competative
GM for bringing out the Duramax and the Allision transmission and setting a transmission standard so Ford and Dodge stepped up and addressed transmission issues.

The combined competative effort has resulted in some mighty fine choices now.

That is the real answer anyway. If a single company outsold everyone else so dramatically, then there would be just a single truck company. Kind of like Amtrack claiming the most rail passenger miles in America for the last 40 years.

My vote for best posts. ๐Ÿ™‚
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

v10superduty
Explorer
Explorer
MARK VANDERBENT wrote:
To GM this is what matters. Not bragging about f150s being number 1 for 40 some years. Colorado and Canyon when added to Silverado and sierra outsell ford each month. Oh, and when GMs new 4500 and up trucks come out in the next year, those numbers can be added to the rest of their trucks. Trust me when Ford brings back the ranger, it will cut into F150 sales. Add up all ford truck. Add up all GM trucks. Now that's How it should be. Funny how GM sells more cars and trucks in America than Ford and Toyota. Its all in perspective.

Mark, you have always been a vocal cheerleader for GM and that's fine.
However your statement
---To GM this is what matters.---
is not in sync with what GM has been stating lately.

They have been saying very loudly that profits are more important than total numbers!
They say they have backed of fleet sales as they are less profitable, but the real reason was because Ford finally had pickup production to full capacity and could sell to fleets in big numbers again.

Your post really should be over on "Pickup Trucks.com" where all the kids made wild statements when the monthly sales figures are posted.
It would fit in better there as this site "Open Roads Forum" seems to have matured a lot past this silly, my truck brand is better than your truck brand silliness.

Anyway your post has evolved mostly to about BURGERS anyway.. :S
2000 F250 V10 dragin a 2005 Titanium 29E34RL

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be happy as a puppy with two pe, er uh, tails to take a new Chevy pickup to Mickey Dee's for a Big Mac, fries and a Coke.
I'm happy that the big 2.5 are doing well.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just want to know what hamburger equals a Titan XD?
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, maybe we should dump a load of concrete blocks on these hamburgers or do an off center crash test on them since some of you insist on comparing hamburgers to trucks. :S
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Walaby wrote:
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
McDonald's has the best fries - and by my count more people pick them up in their Chevy trucks.

That is a true statement. I used to go to Wendy's to get my burger, and then go to McDonalds and get their fries.

Mike

I agree! When I at worked at both of them there was a huge difference in the both the quality of the fries themselves and the oil too. McD's changed the fryer oil every night but Wendy's only changed it once a week. By the time it was changed it looked like something that was drained out of a Detroit diesels crankcase.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
McDonald's has the best fries - and by my count more people pick them up in their Chevy trucks.

That is a true statement. I used to go to Wendy's to get my burger, and then go to McDonalds and get their fries.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

spike99
Explorer
Explorer
Opening post sounds like an advertising type post.

Is unapproved advertising allowed?