cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
Just stumbled upon the 'Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler' while searching for an easier way to level my travel trailer. Sounds like a brilliant way for side to side leveling.

Not happy with the plastic 'lego' type blocks that I am presently using. I'm on my second 10 block set and they keep on breaking!

Any comments on the Andersen-3604 Camper Leveler from someone that is familiar with them would be greatly appreciated.
89 REPLIES 89

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jframpey wrote:
After seeing the Andersen blocks last year I made my own from a pressure treated 6X6... I have a band saw. I measured the radius of the tire and drew the shape out on a scrap of plywood. Then drew another radius 5" bigger. Works great. The scrap cut from the wedge makes the stabilizing piece. $18 made four wedges... Gave two to my neighbor for his TH!
Joe
Excellent!

5" represents a 3 degree rise. So I'm wondering about making a second set to raise it even more. This set would start at 5" on the "thin" edge and continue to 8-10". So raise the rig to 5", insert the second set and continue on up. The rise on this set would be limited to whatever would fit between the tires. Clearly a very unlevel site but we've all been there.

Keeping the rig on the blocks would be a concern but is this a practical idea including for the Anderson levelers?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Great thread and good solutions, I just bought a pair for my sons 5er and he'll soon have them.

In my garage I use a thin piece of carpet under a block to stop the cars. So this might be an alternative for a slippery situation. Plus a longer piece of carpet under both wheels should keep the 2 levelers together so that one can't slip.

The carpet might work for the poster with the slippery driveway. It certainly worked on my slippery but flat garage floor.

Just some thoughts.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
finally have used mine a few times now, and must say along with the large bubble level on the front of the trailer, it made getting level while traveling by myself almost effortless. back or pull into site to about where I want to be.. look at the level to see which side is high and which is low... place the levelers against the tires on the low side. get back in the truck and pull it forward until level (watching the big level on front of trailer. get back out and place chocks under levelers, place chocks around tires on other side and begin unhooking process. Only requires one extra time of getting in and out to get it level.. with the blocks sometimes it took several times..
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

dee74
Explorer
Explorer
luggage wrote:
I purchased two of the camper leveler (one for each axle). The only problem I had was the first time I used them, despite having someone giving me signals when to stop, I went too far and rolled over the high end. Even though a YouTube video shows that is the way to pull out when breaking camp, I thought my fiver was very unstable when it rolled off the high end of the lead block (wobbled side to side). Do you remove the wedge and simply roll over the two front high end part of the leveler when breaking camp? The wedge in back of the front has a lot of pressure on it making it difficult to remove.

I ease forward and take pressure off of the chocks. I then put on the parking brake and put the truck in park. I get out and carefully remove the chocks or my wife removes them. I then get in and slowly drive off the levelers while my wife guides me. If I try to back down off of the levelers one of them gets stuck in between the wheels but if I pull off they flip up just like on the youtube video and are really easy to remove. The trailer does not jump but I am going really slow. So far I have been very pleased with my Andersen Levelers.

luggage
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased two of the camper leveler (one for each axle). The only problem I had was the first time I used them, despite having someone giving me signals when to stop, I went too far and rolled over the high end. Even though a YouTube video shows that is the way to pull out when breaking camp, I thought my fiver was very unstable when it rolled off the high end of the lead block (wobbled side to side). Do you remove the wedge and simply roll over the two front high end part of the leveler when breaking camp? The wedge in back of the front has a lot of pressure on it making it difficult to remove.

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
I have two of these for my double axle travel trailer. I used them the first time in my driveway and they worked great. I used them on my next trip with the same result however after returning home they wouldn't work anymore. While it was sitting in my driveway I put tire shine on the tires after washing my trailer--BIG MISTAKE---now they just shoot out from under the trailer, even after hammering them in a little.

I just got back from my first trip of the season and tried again. After the entire winter, the driveway still will not hold them. I even scratched both sides up to try and provide more friction. No luck. They might work out on my next trip but they don't work in my driveway.

One can always apply some "Grip Tape", like the stuff used on skate boards, stairs etc., peel and stick it on the entire leveler surface. Simple fix for what looks like a great product.
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

porkchop1221
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!

I contacted them and they have a 5 year warranty.

They also have "bag" that has 2 of them, a quicky jack and some other stuff. I might consider getting it.

-I

Lspangler wrote:
porkchop1221 wrote:
I know this is forum is for the TT, but I did a search for this device and found reviews here. I have a 5th wheel 35 trailer. I'm considering using this for leveling and it sounds like there are some great reviews.

A few questions:
1) do you roll off it like they do in the video? It seems like it would break or make the trailer bounce a lot.

2) How difficult was it to remove if you didn't roll "forward"

3) Did anyone get the Jack system instead of the leveler? Is that stronger? Higher?

Thanks!

1. So far I have been backing up some and pulling them out

2. Fairly easy, I had the wife back up while I grabbed them.

3. No

Linc
2012 GMC 3500HD, Diesel, Crew Cab Standard Bed, SRW
2013 Cyclone 3010

Toys:
Ducati 749R
Aprilia RSV4

EnochLight
Explorer
Explorer
sbowman871 wrote:
Let's take this one step further. If you have an iPad or iPhone there is a leveling app you can get. Clinometer version 4.1 from the App Store. This neat little app is a bubble level that speaks to you in degrees. Open up the app, place your device on the floor about where your axels would be. If you have Bluetooth in your TV you can pair it up with your device. Or use Bluetooth head phones. Pull forward or back up until you hear the app say "zero degrees" . Set your parking break and you will now be level side to side. This saves having someone else put a level on the side of the TT and giving hand signals when you are leveling. I prefer to do these things by myself and keep the DW out of the equation. But that's another thread. I don't have the levelers yet, but I have tested the app with my TV Bluetooth. It gets a good signal from the device.

Or... you could just use the free leveling feature of your iPhone's built-in compass. 🙂 Open the app, and page over to the left.

Total cost? Free..
2013 Gulfstream Amerilite 16BHC Travel Trailer pulled with a 2008 Ford Escape Limited

Lspangler
Explorer
Explorer
porkchop1221 wrote:
I know this is forum is for the TT, but I did a search for this device and found reviews here. I have a 5th wheel 35 trailer. I'm considering using this for leveling and it sounds like there are some great reviews.

A few questions:
1) do you roll off it like they do in the video? It seems like it would break or make the trailer bounce a lot.

3) Did anyone get the Jack system instead of the leveler? Is that stronger? Higher?

Thanks!

1. So far I have been backing up some and pulling them out

2. Fairly easy, I had the wife back up while I grabbed them.

3. No

Linc

porkchop1221
Explorer
Explorer

A few questions:

Thanks!
2012 GMC 3500HD, Diesel, Crew Cab Standard Bed, SRW
2013 Cyclone 3010

Toys:
Ducati 749R
Aprilia RSV4

KS56
Explorer
Explorer
....Used them Fathers Day weekend for the first time. Amazing product, beats anything I have ever used for leveling.

kend40
Explorer
Explorer
Got to use my andersen levellers last week for the first time since buying them. My initial response is "AWESOME" i have never had such a simple time side to side levelling. Was on dirt surface and i saw no slipping or movement at all. Setup was a cinch, just had a spotter to tell me how far to drive onto them and it was done.
Recommend them wholeheartedly.
Kend40
2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost TV
2013 Kodiak 242rbsl TT

T_in_Michigan
Explorer
Explorer
I finally got a chance to use them this weekend, as others stated they did seem to slip, one stayed under the back wheel, other one slipped with the front wheel, but the camper came level and I just left it that way.

I would buy again and it was so easy to level the first time it was great, maybe with the grass not being so wet on the site it will be easier next time.
2000 Chevy Suburban 2500 6L 3.73
2013 Keystone Springdale 297BHRSS
Wife and 3 Boys
Crazy Dog and 2 Cats

bmet2000
Explorer
Explorer
My Andersen Levelers just arrived today and I just used them for the first time. They are awesome and I am glad I bought them. I also have 2 sets of Lynx blocks, but that is not enough to build a ramp plus have it long enough for both tires to rest on. With the Andersen I just drove on them, threw the wedge in and that was it. It's gonna same me time since leveling always took me forever and I constantly had to drive up and find it wasn't enough and I'd have to try it again. My DW and DD given them 2 thumbs up.

autorot8
Explorer
Explorer
poppin_fresh wrote:
I dont have that brand of blocks, but I have seen the way they bow and flatten under the weight of my small hybrid TT. I cant imagine how they would hold up under a larger camper weighing several thousand more pounds.

I am moving towards the opinion that these blocks are ok under the tongue and stabilizers, but maybe not so much for the wheels.

Depends on the brand. I've had the same two bags (20 blocks) for over 10 years of the Orange Lynx levelers. I use them under the wheels, stabilizers, etc. My trailer weighs around 8000-8500 pounds.
2015 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.4l Hemi

"Overstating the Obvious rarely helps the Oblivious!"