cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

another blog trip report from me

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
here is a short blog trip report from our weekend. with this weekends trip we have spent 61 nights in our camper since January this year. we still have a few trips planned yet before the end of the year. it has been a great year for us getting out so much. we both work full time yet are able to get it in. we are thankful for that.

link
2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE
12 REPLIES 12

crosscheck
Explorer
Explorer
It sure is nice to see you guys out so much even though your receational time is limited.

Especially like the trip on bikes following the old rail bed and the trestles.
Keep the reports coming.

Dave
2016 F350 Diesel 4X4 CC SRW SB,
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex Freedom 2012 inverter, 4 6V GC-2 (450AH)
2006 F350 CC 4X4 sold
2011 Outfitter 9.5' sold
Some Of Our Fun:http://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca/

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Back in the late 80s I was camping across the US and went to Wallace on the way to see a 1937 Chevy pickup for sale (in pieces).... I bought it and hauled it home in pieces on a flatbed trailer. It IS a cool town! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
~DJ~ wrote:
Neat trip!!! Thanks for sharing.

A good friend of mine and I both started out as LEO's in small Idaho towns. His was Wallace. His job every Sunday morning was to pound the nails back into the main street wooden bridge from Sat night traffic and collect the "city's share" from all the brothels!!!!

Yes, that was a while back!!! LOL

heck, the last cat house closed in the 1980's there. Wallace is a wonderful town with its history, festivals and just good ole' fun.
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Neat trip!!! Thanks for sharing.

A good friend of mine and I both started out as LEO's in small Idaho towns. His was Wallace. His job every Sunday morning was to pound the nails back into the main street wooden bridge from Sat night traffic and collect the "city's share" from all the brothels!!!!

Yes, that was a while back!!! LOL
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
How fun! Thanks for sharing yet another adventure. I think it's really great that you and your family continue to do this; even if only for a couple days at a time! I too work full time (11 more months!!!! Yahoooo!) so I all too well know the time constraints of "getting away"!

Glad to see the photos and report.... good job as always!

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the photos and links. I wish I had more time to get out like you and Your Family. I will see about changing that in 2014.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
bigfootford wrote:
Great write up.. Thanks for the links too.

We have reservations at the Crater Lake Campground..

They are shutting down most of the rim road for bikes for the 2nd time this year, Sept 21-22... We want to do it! Fighting a stubborn lower kneecap tendon issue right now. Have not rode for 1.5 weeks now.. Going to try today see how the knee feels.

http://www.bikearoundbend.com/2013/06/a-car-free-ride-at-crater-lake/

Jim

that ride would be awesome.
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE

bigfootford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Great write up.. Thanks for the links too.

We have reservations at the Crater Lake Campground..

They are shutting down most of the rim road for bikes for the 2nd time this year, Sept 21-22... We want to do it! Fighting a stubborn lower kneecap tendon issue right now. Have not rode for 1.5 weeks now.. Going to try today see how the knee feels.

http://www.bikearoundbend.com/2013/06/a-car-free-ride-at-crater-lake/

Jim
2000 2500 9.6 Bigfoot,94 F250, Vision 19.5, Bilstein shocks, air bags/pump, EU2000, PD 9260, Two Redodo 100ah Mini's, Aims 2500 Conv/Inv, 200W. solar, Morningstar Sunsaver 15A/ display panel, Delorme/laptop for travel, Wave-3 heat.

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Nice weekend for you. Thank you for the trip report. Like seeing the back country, looks so relaxing.
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992

Two_Pedals
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the great trip report. Brings back old memories of riding the trail both ways about ten years ago. That long tunnel and trestles were really interesting.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad III
Nomad III
Rich and Joanne, you guys are my camping hero's at 61 days and counting.
I think we might have gotten 8 days in this year. Too many weddings, summer colds, and work days.

BillyGo
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice
2011 Forest River Berkshire 360FWS
2012 Smart car for two