cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else taking off with their TC for Turkey Day?

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not going far, only about two hours. I could use a guest room but I prefer to BYOB - Bring Your Own Bed. For some reason I never take friends or relatives guest rooms, I always prefer my TC.

I'm taking my Traeger and making a 15lb prime rib. I absolutely LOVE my Traeger, and it fits in the TC's basement storage--AND they play quite nicely with an inverter. I'll post pics when I'm back.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo
19 REPLIES 19

whazoo
Explorer
Explorer

We're out, 37 years in a row for Thanksgiving...

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
Back from the El Paso Mtns a bit early!!Saturday afternoon.
It rained last nite, and late yesterday, so with the fact we were so far back into the hills, and the frequency of flash floods there, we packed last nite, and came down the hill. GORGEOUS weather, until yesterday afternoon, but when the desert mountains start to have heavy rain...I get out the way!!
We explored several old mines, and found that a new one has opened, and they are digging copper!! I did not know copper in large enough quantity was here! The dogs, and I went Jeeping about, and found several places that had a lot of Chukar and Quail, so when they are in season again......! Goler Gulch, and of course the "flats" were a mad house with kids on bikes, tons of NUTS on motorcycles, buggies, trucks, camp trailers, and several appearances by Kern County law Enforcement. We have taken to calling that area the "ZOO"!
When we arrived at the bottom of Iron Cyn, the sky opened up, and the last 1/4 mile was pretty ragged, and I think we made the Randburg-Garlock road just in time ahead of the flooding. Since I can cut across Edwards A.F.B., we arrived home to some hungry horses, and paid the kid watching them, went out to close them in, and put their blankets on, just as the sky opened up again. This morning it is really cloudy, but no rain, so all is good until I can unload, and inventory all the food/drink/libations we take and do not eat/drink, as well as some left overs that the dogs will love!

Vinsil
Explorer
Explorer
No but love your cooking and also...NOT a turkey on thanksgiving!

I did a 15 lb packer brisket on my traeger this year and OMG...it was heaven and I'm planning on a prime rib for xmas! Good on you and yes, we take our TC instead of a spare bed (just did this with our annual Halloween party we go to).

Happy thanksgiving!
2017 Ford F-350, crewcab, 4x4, 6.7 diesel.
2016 Thunderjet Luxor 21' limited edition, Yamaha powered.
2016 Wolf Creek 840-SOLD, Arctic Fox 990 ordered.

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
We will be at Calico GhostTown Campground till Sunday. Weather is perfect days 60s and nights low 40s. Kids really enjoy the canyon trails. And if time permits, would like to do some target shooting. Happy and Safe Thanksgiving to all.
'12 F450 6.7L, 4x4 Crewcab Longbed Airlift 5000 Stableload Reese 48" ext Torklift Fastguns Blistein 4600 Bigwig Rear Sway Bar.
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Kids: 4,8, 9 & twins 28
Patient wife

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
Going to the El Paso Mtns, near Randsburg for turkey day, as I am leaving in about 10 minutes!! Will deep fry a small bird, then it is some nice left overs, and lots of "warming" type libations! Will probably be at Holland Camp, back about 12 miles in the mountains.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Boatycall wrote:
I'm not going far, only about two hours. I could use a guest room but I prefer to BYOB - Bring Your Own Bed. For some reason I never take friends or relatives guest rooms, I always prefer my TC.

I'm taking my Traeger and making a 15lb prime rib. I absolutely LOVE my Traeger, and it fits in the TC's basement storage--AND they play quite nicely with an inverter. I'll post pics when I'm back.

Where are you headed and do you need any help? Lol
Sounds like the makings of a wonderful day. Happy thanksgiving!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
No. After 4 months in upstate NY in our TT,a month in our new TC, 1510 mile return trip we are spending thanksgiving at home.

thedavidzoo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Heading out Friday for 2 nights to Shenandoah River State Park, VA. We'll also be testing out cooler weather camping and it isn't too far from home.
2014 Ram 3500 CrewCab Diesel DRW 4x4 4.10 Aisin, Torklift Fastguns, Upper Stableloads, Timbrens
2017 Northstar 12' STC
640W solar, 400Ah lithium LiFeMnPO4 batteries

realter
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody posting about taking prime rib or whiskey tasting should be forced to give thrrr exact coordinates. Where's RedDog and the other moderators when we need them????

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Headed to the woods on Friday . Anxious to see how TC does in cooler weather , all systems functioning . TC always came off earlier because of other obligations . Days in the 30'S , nights in the 20'S , some rain , some snow. Only 20 miles from home so if things go awry it's back to the heated shop . Safe travels to all .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

hotrodfords
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading to Zion National Park for 2 nights in Watchman Campground.

We'll do Turkey day first at the house so we can watch the Cowboys and Indians fight it out on the big screen.

TC is already loaded, fridge is running on shore power. Just unplug and drive!

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
Heading off to Blackbird state Forrest in Delaware for some whiskey tasting with the guys around a fire..
Men's weekend.
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
jajefmly@aol.com wrote:
No, however first daylight Friday on our way to warmth,

Tanning salon..??
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

jajefmly
Explorer
Explorer
No, however first daylight Friday on our way to warmth,
Tom & Mary
2013 Coachmen Encounter 37TZ