cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

anyone running rear air bag helpers

Bishops
Explorer
Explorer
Just curiouse if anyone is running air bags on the rear to help? How well do you like them?
14 REPLIES 14

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
I have them, they seem to improve the ride when loaded (I am not overloaded). The previous owner of my Ram truck installed the air bags, then I added an onboard compressor and gauge to inflate or deflate the bags from the cab of the truck. I got the compressor and gauge kit for about a hundred bucks after rebate. I like them a lot.

45Ricochet
Explorer
Explorer
Don't use em and not sure but this thread might help you.

CLICKY
2015 Tiffin Phaeton Cummins ISL, Allison 3000, 45K GCWR
10KW Onan, Magnum Pure Sine Wave Inverter
2015 GMC Canyon Toad

Previous camping rig
06 Ram 3500 CC LB Laramie 4x4 Dually 5.9 Cummins Smarty Jr 48RE Jacobs brake
06 Grand Junction 15500 GVWR 3200 pin

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
I had them on my last truck and loved how they improved the ride while loaded. I'm still tossing around the idea of adding them to my current truck to get a better ride quality. There are some that think that if your truck sags you don't have enough vehicle for the load you are carrying, that just isn't true.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

Steve76eb
Explorer
Explorer
Have the Air Lift bags with compressor and wireless controller on my 3500 dually. Works awesome and keeps me off the overloads for a very comfortable ride. Only need to run 35-45 lbs in them. Just need to keep 5 lbs in them when empty. Ride is also great when empty and not towing.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have Firestone bags on my Dodge dually to get the weight off the overload springs. Improves the ride immensely. I just use an air bubble to fill them when I hitch up. I run about 50 psi.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't use them, don't need them, I have enough TV to carry my load level.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

hermy
Explorer
Explorer
I like my Firestones really well. It certainly allows you to level your rig up and greatly reduces any body roll. It gives a confident solid feel but yet when not needed you can drop the air (as stated before you should not completely empty the bags) and have your comfortable ride back. I installed my own in about 3 hours.

kennethwooster
Explorer
Explorer
I've ran a couple of sets of Firestone air bags. They well level the truck. Makes it look like you are not overloaded. On my 2011 F250 I had to have them. That purchase was a big mistake, but I had to have a truck quick. Last year I traded for a DRW F350. Much better choice. When the truck was not pulling they made the truck rough to ride in. Even with the psi down to about 10 lbs. Your not suppose to let all the air out. I also had the pump Works good but you know you are overloaded. I did not like that.
kenneth wooster- retired farmer. Biblical History Teacher in public HS, and substitute teacher.
wife Diana-adult probation officer, now retired.
31KSLS Full Body paint Cameo
Ford F350 2014 DRW 4X4 King Ranch.
20K B&W Puck mount hitch

K-9_HANDLER
Explorer
Explorer
I have had them for 12 years. No issues. I think they help with the soft springs on the excursion. Also have used them when I put bags of seed/ fertilizer in the truck for the same issue.
Camping near home at Assateague National Seashore with our wild four legged friends

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. Firestone Ride Rite with Air Lift One Wireless Compressor. $600 for the set. $360 to get them installed by a 4wheel shop. They help getting the truck back to level and they smoothed the ride even more than it already was. Only negative is they ate 35# of my payload available.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

wirenutz
Explorer
Explorer
some information about your equipment would be helpful, my 2 cents is yes
2007 All American Sport Toy Hauler 38 foot, 14,400 LBS dry weight
1999 Four Door Freightliner,new 6 Speed Auto, new Cat Motor, 12,600 LBS, rear air dump, lowers rear by 3", air activated rear locker, air ride seats, air ride cab, air ride suspension

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Still depends... ๐Ÿ™‚

What is your load and what is it you are looking to accomplish?

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Bishops
Explorer
Explorer
just wondering if they are worth the $250 price tag.

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are probably a few... ๐Ÿ˜‰ I don't, but it really depends on what the individual need is..

What is it you are trying to accomplish with this info?

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.