cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are hybrids quieter than pop ups?

flash82
Explorer
Explorer
For those of you that have had both a hybrid and a pop up, are hybrids quieter inside. I don't mean laying in the beds. I'm talking about while inside the box portion. Not really sure the solid walls would make any difference in drowning out some camp ground noise. Thanks
27 REPLIES 27

Habs33
Explorer
Explorer
Another suggestion when our neighbouring sites are up late or playing music louder than we'd like is to put the bunk fans on or the a/c unit on fan mode. The bit of 'white noise' created inside is usually helpful.

Hoosierdaddy47
Explorer
Explorer
For the most part, yes. However, one CG we stay at SOLD those stupid vuvuzelas (soccer horns) At. The. Store. Nothing can keep out the racket those things make. Also, some CG's are better than others at enforcing noise rules. Come 11 PM, the above CG noise level drops to almost nothing! If quiet is what you seek, try a few different places. Find some you like and go back. Make friends that way, too!
2004 Antigua 215 SB
2006 Durango Adventurer Hemi
Tekonsha Prodigy P3
DW-Indeterminate age
DD-16
DS-13
Olivia-Torkie
Balthazar-Italian Greyhound
Check my group (NOT page!) on Facebook-Hybrid Travel Trailer Camping

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
PapPappy wrote:
DiskDoctr wrote:
Absolutely, YES!

Padlin wrote:
Little or no difference.

That's what I love about RV.net.....it covers both ends of the spectrum:B

Correct. That's why most people are good about adding details about their opinion and the circumstances that led them to that conclusion.

For example, our music didn't go out of the solid portion, but perhaps dog barking or something else would penetrate better.

It is this variety of opinions that makes these discussions so valuable ๐Ÿ˜‰

flash82
Explorer
Explorer
dspencer wrote:
I love our Hybrid except the set up time.

It's Got to be a bit better than the pop up.?.

Handyman_Xenabl
Explorer
Explorer
When we are setting up our HTT, and before the bunks are dropped down - if I'm inside and DH is outside asking a question, I can't hear him unless he shouts, and then I can only make out that he's saying something.
Once the bunks are down, I can hear him if he's standing near the ends, not outside the hard side.
Ditto on the music not being heard more than a couple of feet away if you're rained in.

Cheers

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I would say slightly quieter.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

dspencer
Explorer
Explorer
Having had 2 popups and now a Trail Lite Batam i can tell you that as Mr. Beebo said in the bunks there is little difference laying in the bunkends however in the box portion there is considerable difference, in quiteness, heating and cooling. I love our Hybrid except the set up time.

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
DiskDoctr wrote:
Absolutely, YES!

Padlin wrote:
Little or no difference.

That's what I love about RV.net.....it covers both ends of the spectrum:B
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely, YES!

On our last trip we had a few days with periods of rain. We stayed inside and played some music. As night fell I was concerned our music would disturb others, so I went outside to check.

With the windows and door closed, I could barely tell there was anything right outside the door and more than about 2' away couldn't hear a thing.

I made a point of mentioning my satisfaction about that to DW.

Now bunk ends are a different story, but that is the way we like it!

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
Little or no difference.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

Mr_Beebo
Explorer
Explorer
You may have some more privacy with the solid middle section of an HTT, but no, there is no difference in the noise when your laying in your bunk.
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS
2009 Silverado 2500 6.0

Billbeat
Explorer
Explorer
We had a pop up and now we have a hybrid. You can't hear as much inside as the popup. Sadly , sometimes a campgound is noisy no matter what your in.
2008 Coyote by KZ Hybrid
1999 Ford F150 Triton

PapPappy
Explorer
Explorer
Logic will say that a door is quieter than a screen:)
I'd guess that you will find that the hybrid is quieter than a P'Up, and a TT is quieter than a HT....and a high end MH is quieter inside than any of the above.

So, it makes sense that the more money you spend, the less noise you'll experience.
But, that's just speculation:)
Bill & Claudia / DD Jenn / DS Chris / GS MJ
Dogs: Sophie, Abby, Brandy, Kahlie, Annie, Maggie, Tugger & Beau ๐Ÿ™‚
RIP: Cookie, Foxy & Gidget @ Rainbow Bridge.๐Ÿ˜ž
2000 Winnebago "Minnie" 31C, Ford V-10
Purchased April 2008:B FMCA# F407293
The Pets