cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginning to shop for a new TT

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Sold my 26 ft Crossroads Slingshot. It served us well for 4.5 years. Great experiences in Texas and then the Carolinas where we retired 2 years ago. Nary a problem except ones I caused!

Now looking to get a TT with a slide out. Just need a bit more room for the two of us and the dogs.

Thinking to wait for the yearly Carolina RV shows to hit after the 1st of the year. Question...if I find the right trailer at the right price at the show, do they expect buyers to take possession as the show ends, or do they take sold TT's back to the dealership?
11 REPLIES 11

APT
Explorer
Explorer
There are plenty of questions about RV show pricing. I have never seen show prices lower than the so called wholesale RV dealer prices in the midwest. I'll take a custom ordered never walked in RV at the lowest cost while waiting 4-8 weeks. I use shows to evaluate brand quality and floorplan ideas.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

martinto
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I was thinking the show price was conditional on me hauling it off after the show. If I find the right deal, I definitely want it to go back to the dealer for clean up, PDi and set up of a WDH before I take it.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Normally, you buy it on the weekend and you pick it up the following weekend.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Pine_Fresh
Explorer
Explorer
Why shop new when you can get great deals on used trailers? It's probably going to be the best bang for your buck. I wrote several articles on buying used, you can check it out here.

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Generally the show price is good for that unit plus any others that they sell, ask for a fresh one and it will be the same price. They may also have different colors available or in some cases will order it at that same price. We have bought 2 at shows and made the mistake of taking the show one the first time, have to get a few things replaced because of all the traffic in and out. The second time we got a new one that was in the process of being delivered to the dealer. You can generally schedule the pick up for a month or 2 after, depending on the weather etc. Good luck.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
I'm assuming they take it back to the dealership AFTER the show....how would they get it out among all the trailers set up? If you decide on a show model, I would definitely insist that they mark it Sold and lock it up....no more traffic coming through.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

FireRob
Explorer
Explorer
martinto wrote:
Question...if I find the right trailer at the right price at the show, do they expect buyers to take possession as the show ends, or do they take sold TT's back to the dealership?

They take it back to the dealership. You will schedule your PDI and pick up at a later time and date. Keep in mind each dealership will probably sell several RV's at the show and cant have everyone come at once to pick up.
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC Longhorn LB DRW 4.10's Aisin Trans Auto Lvl Suspension Dual 220 Alternators

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn (traded in)

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a new 34 foot triple slide May of '13. Due to health reasons getting ready to sell our like new Forest River. Going to try the paper/craigs list. Bargain price
charles weidman

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I did the same thing after 6 years with our 24' TT. So far I've been extremely happy with the 28' TT since we purchased 15 months ago.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Speedogomer
Explorer
Explorer
They generally always take them back to the dealer, clean them, and do the whole pre delivery inspection there. Often the trailer you "buy at the show" is just the same exact model they have on their lot back at the dealer.

RV shows are great, bring a camera (your phone) and take notes. Take pictures of the outisde and inside of each unit you like. Take a short video walk through and walk around of each one you like. I went to a few RV shows and they all blend together at some point, pictures and notes really helped me narrow my choices much better.
2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn, "Katy"
2014 Outback Terrain 260trs "Alice"
2011 French Bulldog Shelter adopted edition, "Roscoe"
1982 DW, "Rachel"
2016 DD "Harper", the newest lil camper.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Seems to me that it would have to go back to the dealership for final prep/clean up and your PDI.

Personally we would not and have not been willing to take a demo model from a show (I guess unless the price was really really good)

Too much wear and tear. Too many looky loos...dirty carpet etc. We have always ordered because we wanted as new a rig as possible and always have ordered some custom changes.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro