cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping over the New Year

brholt
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had the opportunity to go camping over the New Years from Saturday through Wednesday the 1st. We went to the Kalaloch campground in the Olympic National Park on the Pacific Ocean. Very nice weather for this time of year with virtually no rain or wind and temperatures in the high 30's to low 40's. Walked on the beach a lot and just relaxed. We had a very nice New Years dinner at the Lodge along with a bit of a party. A few pictures:

Camper from the beach:

View out the camper window:

And some shots of the area and the beach

Happy New Year

11 REPLIES 11

btggraphix
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome......beautiful.......I raised my coffee mug to your last photo. "Cheers!"
Such cool rocks.
Thanks for sharing.
2006 LanceMax 1191 - loaded and well-used
2005 C4500/Kodiak 4x4, GVWR 17,500

Xpd77
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the trip report. I have a friend from college that lives in Kalaloch with his wife and kids. I would love to get out there some time.
2012 F350 SRW Diesel. 2014 Arctic Fox 811. Torklift tiedowns, Fast Guns, and Stable Loads.

Bedlam
We spend New Year's on the Oregon coast. This year, the temperatures hovered close to 50 degrees and we had sun every day.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
Olympic national park is an amazing place. not too many places in this world where you can be on the ocean beach, rain forests then on high mountain tops all in one day. its been a while since we have been there, that's a trip we need to do again soon.
2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Very nice. We're going to try to get to Fort Canby / Cape disappointment to try and do some whale watching since it's the season of migration for the next couple weeks.

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Nice way to spend New Years. Real Surprised, how all the Arctic air missed the Seattle area at this time of the year. Nice photo's.
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice photos and thanks for sharing with all of us. A super way to start the New Year.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

SkiingSixPack
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful pictures and a beautiful couple!!!
My better half
DS-18,DD-17,DS-15,DS-15 (4 teenagers, in da house)
Summit Red Sunshine-4
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
Wonderful way to start the year. Thanks for sharing it with us.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice pics. Thanks.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice. K is one of my favorite places, along with South Beach CG.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman