cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can't find areplacement bathroom vent cover. Help!

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2005 Kodiak 19FL Travel Trailer. The white plastic vent cover over the bathroom is shot and I am trying to find another but I can't seem to find one. The platic cover is 12 3/4 inches ssquarefrom outside edge to to outside edge (rooftop side). I can find many covers but they measure 14 x 14 inches and have a different hing system. Here are a couple pictures of back and front.

1999 Minnie Winnie WF322R
23 REPLIES 23

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
this 13x13 cover fit just right. I was just commenting on how the seller, nor the manufacturer, knew how to use a measuring tape.

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
If you plan to keep your RV, the lifetime vent covers might be worth a few more $$.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

doxiluvr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did you call the manufacturer, Dutchmen? They may be able to help.
2006 Keystone Sprinter 300fkms
2007 Silverado 2500 Duramax Diesel 6.6 - Allison 1000 6 spd. auto. tran.
1 high school sweetheart hubby - 1 ChiWeenie - Abby
4 grown kids, 6 grandkids, 2 great-grandchildren
1 2007 Yamaha v-Star 1300

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
Don't mean to sound sarcastic here, but I am wondering if some Americans even know how to use a measuring tape? The seller said this vent cover measured 15x15 and the box says 14x14.

Works perfect by the way.

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
What I don't understand is how a lid the is fully 2 inches wider and longer then the one it is replacing can be the right lid. I ordered it only because after hours of looking I could only find one size of Jensen lid, but it sure is odd to me that it is so much larger. Just seems like with so much overhang the wind is going to rip it right off.

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
jungleexplorer wrote:
Thanks for the help. I ordered one off amazon.com but I don't know if it is the right size. It appears there is only one size, which is 14 x 14, but mine is not 14 x 14. I asked the seller what the outside dimensions of the lid I ordered was and he said 15 x 15. Here is a picture of mine. Do you think the one I ordered will fit right?

The hole in the roof is 14"x14", so I think it's right that the cover is smaller.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, that should be the correct one.
OPs Amazon lid

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the help. I ordered one off amazon.com but I don't know if it is the right size. It appears there is only one size, which is 14 x 14, but mine is not 14 x 14. I asked the seller what the outside dimensions of the lid I ordered was and he said 15 x 15. Here is a picture of mine. Do you think the one I ordered will fit right?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Campco? Do you mean Camco?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

rbtglove
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a Campco first model easy to replace can order on line check picture against what you have, snaps right on easy fix.
Bob/Beavercreek OH
2011 Silverado 1500 LTZ/Trail Lite 8230

RVcircus
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ordered my replacements on Amazon. Just look at the hinges to make sure they're right.
2000 KZ Sportsman 2505 (overhauled & upgraded 2014)
2016 Chevy Express 3500 15 passanger van
6 humans, 2 cats, and a dog
Visit our blog at www.ROWLESmade.com
Our trailer re-build thread

WolverineState
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.eztopsworldwide.com/rvskylights.htm

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered this one off amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EDOSMO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
When I did mine, I bought one of every type they had. After I matched it up and finished the install, I returned the unused ones. That way I only had to go up on the roof once.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW