cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Chevy 2500HD Tires

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for new tires for a Chevy 2500HD. Street tires only, no all-terrain, no mud, no snow. 16" rims. What do you recommend? Thanks
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer
27 REPLIES 27

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
bhall wrote:
I only got 30k miles on the Transforce HTs on my 2015 Silverado 2500. Never again.

Ditto^^^^^
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Jarlaxle
Explorer II
Explorer II
What size?
John and Elizabeth (Liz), with Briza the size XL tabby
St. Bernard Marm, cats Vierna and Maya...RIP. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Current rig:
1992 International Genesis school bus conversion

heaterswa
Explorer
Explorer
Running Michelin LTX MS/2's for over 160K miles and will put them on again when the time comes.
Me, Wife, 3 daughters, and a woof woof
TV: 06 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4WD / Prodigy / Reese Signature 18K
FW: 07 KZ Durango 315BH / Fifth Airborne / Sidewinder / JT Strong Arm Stabilizers

Deep_Trax
Explorer
Explorer
For a smooth, quiet ride, I've always been extremely satisfied with Michelin LTX. I've owned 3 sets on 1/2 ton trucks and got 65,000 to 80,000 miles on all 3 sets.

I never took them off road, so I can't speak for that. Anytime we ever experienced any serious winter snow/ice, I would set a 700 lb crate of steel (borrowed from work) in the bed over the rear axle. With the added weight in the rear, my truck felt as safe as anything I've ever driven on snow & ice. And that is comparing it to my son's AWD Subaru Outback with dedicated winter tires.

My two highest priorities in tire performance are normally wet weather traction and a smooth quiet ride. I find the reviews at tirerack.com very helpful in seeing which tires score well in these two categories. I would recommend you take a look at their tire reviews before you decide.

My current 2015 2500HD is still running the factory Goodyear Wrangler SR-A tires in size LT265/60R20. I would give them very high marks for the smooth, quiet, comfortable ride they provide. They still look like new with 15,000 miles on them. I've been in a couple of blinding rain storms pulling a trailer and they have handled it well.
All in all, I have no complaints with the Goodyear Wrangleer SR-A tires.

bhall
Explorer
Explorer
I only got 30k miles on the Transforce HTs on my 2015 Silverado 2500. Never again.

2001400ex
Explorer
Explorer
Always recommend Cooper AT3. Mine are 18s with 3,415 pound per tire, I like excess capacity. I got almost 80k miles out of my set 5 years ago. Just bought new ones this summer. Quiet on the highway but do well in snow. If you drive in mud often, these are not the best. Mines is a pavement princess so they are great.
2017 Forest River Stealth SA2816
2020 GMC Denali 3500 Duramax
Anderson ultimate fifth wheel hitch

brulaz
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
Looking for new tires for a Chevy 2500HD. Street tires only, no all-terrain, no mud, no snow. 16" rims. What do you recommend? Thanks

Michelin LTX MS/2, the LT-E version, worked well for me, excellent gas mileage and longevity. But as soon as you got off the pavement and onto mud or grass they were problematic.
2014 ORV Timber Ridge 240RKS,8500#,1250# tongue,44K miles
690W Rooftop + 340W Portable Solar,4 GC2s,215Ah@24V
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 RgCab CTD,2507# payload,10.8 mpgUS tow

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not concerned about price, but a quiet ride is #1 to me.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Bridgestone Duravis.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
2003silverado wrote:
I like my Firestone transforce h/t for summer use. I put all terrains on for the winter time. There are a number of bad reviews for the transforce for poor treadwear on tirerack.com, but that's mainly on the newer dodges that they came oem. I have got good life out of them.

X2.....or Bridgestone Duravis......have had great results with both.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on budget, driving style and what you want. Put Yokahama Geolanders on my dually two years ago and am very pleased. Decent price, quiet ride. Granted I do not put a lot of miles on my truck, but I load it with 5000 pounds of rock, 3500 pounds of hitch and they dont complain.

NMDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Wal Mart house brand Dexteros I went up to 265/75/16 but they have the 245 also. I had good luck with Nexan Rodians also but those were a all terrain tires so I am not sure about their street tire.
5er/2500Duramax/18ftBoat

2003silverado
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like my Firestone transforce h/t for summer use. I put all terrains on for the winter time. There are a number of bad reviews for the transforce for poor treadwear on tirerack.com, but that's mainly on the newer dodges that they came oem. I have got good life out of them.