cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collapsing hybrid ends problem

Morden
Explorer
Explorer
Just moved into a hybrid and love it. One big problem - when I close the ends for some reason the mattress ends up pushing into the unit. both ends are split folding mattresses (1 split in the front and 2 splits in the rear). Eventually I'll probably figure it out. But maybe someone could confirm that it isn't possible one way or the other.

All suggestions welcome!!
13 REPLIES 13

Wavesprite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our mattresses fold and then go in first, held in place by bungees, that are criss crossed, and then the tentage gets folded on the outside of that, and then the door folds. The dirty tent is only touching the door.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Some good pics, thanks. PO told us to remove mattresses and stand them up and bungie into place next to fridge. Both in the same place, allows fair room and not much hassle.

Never done any different or been sure how others did it.

We're satisfied with what we're doing and think it helps with any condensation under the mattresses, but it's very helpful to see how it is 'supposed' to be done.

End of hijack 🙂

Chuck_S
Explorer
Explorer
Here's how I do it. Unlike the photos above I don't put the mattress against the dirty tentage.

Note the tentage is folded back over itself, dirty side to dirty side. Clean tentage against the mattress.

-- Chuck
'06 Roo 23SS behind '17 Expedition out of Richmond
Our Photo pages

GaryUT
Explorer II
Explorer II
There should be 4 snaps along the top, and one on each side of the folded mattress.

Roll the canvas neatly and rest it on the shelf below the bunk opening.

Gary
2019 Keystone Laredo 255SRL
2009 GMC Sierra 2500 4x4 Crew cab short bed

1kennyOG
Explorer
Explorer
I put the mattress across the dinette. don't leave it on the bed.

msgross
Explorer
Explorer
I'm adding eyelets to the outer edges of the inner frame so I can bungee the mattress into place. My snaps are slowly tearing from the weight.

Padlin
Explorer
Explorer
A picture would be worth a 1000 words.
Happy Motoring
Bob & Deb

W Ma.
12 F150 HD SCAB EcoBoost LB 4x4
14 Escape 5.0 TA

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Not familiar with the mattresses on that model. We had a ROO 23SS and it also had the straps to hold the mattress against the deck when folded up. You could try something like a strapping and add a sturdy snap to at least hold both sides together. I always wished for some tidy way for the tenting to fold up instead of just hanging down, but never did. Moved to a TT last year, so it's a moot point for us now. Hope you can work this out.

BTW....do you have a mattress topper you're trying to fold in as well? That could be a problem if so. Take the topper out and then try.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

jrdebono
Explorer
Explorer
I removed the standard mattresses and stored them in my barn. I use air mattresses instead. The wife likes them better because the original beds do not support her properly and ends up with aching hips.
John R. De Bono
Aurora, TX

x5rdman
Explorer
Explorer
My jayco has straps to hold the beds vertical against the, now wall of the trailer i just folded on.
2008 Jayco Ex-Port 17C
2007 Trailblazer

Morden
Explorer
Explorer
Good point - here's more details:

R vision Bantam Trail Lite 21 circa 2007.

Only the folding parts seem to be pushing into the cabin.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure I'm understanding correctly....there is not any damage being caused, just the mattresses hanging into the trailer, is that correct. If you let us know what year, make and model you have, it'll help sort this out. Various brands close up differently. If it's just that the tents and mattress just sorta hang into the cabin, that sounds pretty normal. There was no neat, attractive way to close up our ROO 23SS. If there is damage or the mattress is falling completely into the cabin, that's another story.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
The mattress on our ROO folds in half and has a snap on each side to hold it in place. If you would like a step by step of how I was shown and do it you can pm me.