cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Condensation Inside TC!!?

Lexicon7
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys, woke up this morning and the escape hatch over the bed was lined with little droplets all the way around it? At first I thought it had rained real hard but it was dry outside so realized it was obviously condensation from my heavy breathing.. The weather did change where I am right now last couple of days and got colder so I had all the windows and vents closed.. That could have caused it but not sure about the scale of droplets I had inside my rig... What say the quarum? Leave a window vented a bit???
11 REPLIES 11

run100
Explorer
Explorer
We do a lot of winter camping and, with four of us, can generate quite a bit of condensation at times. With temps dipping into the 20's, I don't want to leave too many windows and vents cracked open. So, I usually just leave one vent cracked open a bit. Then, we wipe the window areas down in the morning.
2012 F350,6.7L Diesel,4x4,CC,SB,SRW
2013 Lance 855S

tmartin000
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ALWAYS vent two vents, one slider window across from a center vent. I have a heater and now that it is a two speed--not afraid to use it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Water will kill a camper.
2001 Lance 835. SOLD
2009 Lance 1191. SOLD
2021 Lance 1172

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
My overhead vent was literally raining on me one night - I thought we had a leak. It was a cool damp night in the PNW, and with 2 people and 2 dogs in the TC, there was WAY too much condensation. I've since learned to open windows and add a blanket if need be.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Lexicon7
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the great responses. I'm good...

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've never had the issue in the TC, but I haven't been in very extreme conditions. I mainly camp in the NW. I'd open one of the vents a bit if I did.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

_squish
Explorer
Explorer
We have a new to us 2000 Bigfoot 1500 when we camp it's normally three humans and a K9.
While all of the trips have been mostly moderate temps. We've found a high level of condensation.

Our solution is working to sleep a little cooler and venting if is not too windy.
I like having the over cab over vent open and the cab camper window open cold air in at the bottom and the heat rising taking with it the extra moisture,

Wardster
Explorer
Explorer
We decided on our last trip to take our dehumidifier with us since we were staying somewhere with full hookups. With three of us in the TC and the AC running constantly, we had to empty the dehumidifier about every eight hours. Needless to say, the dehumidifier will be added to the list of 'must haves' for future trips.
2016 Northern Lite 8'11" Q Classic Special Edition
2003 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 - Duramax/Allison

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hmm...trying to figure out what word you meant instead of velocity.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Lexicon7
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Guys, you know, I really knew that's what it was but definitely my first experience with that kind of velocity... Amazing new science experiment for me... Lol

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
It happens. If the outside temperatures at night are cooler than inside then humidity inside will condense.

I keep a window cracked to help vent it.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

cooldavidt
Explorer
Explorer
Yup ventilation is required

You have a very small space in there to keep all that water vapour so the air quickly becomes saturated, then condenses when it hits something cooler than your breath.