http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/rvs/4007862350.html
GalinAZ
2011 Thor Majestic Class C 23A
2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport toad
10 REPLIES 10

coby65
Explorer
Explorer
Our Northern lite 8.5 has a padded seating area, not quite a sofa, and we love the room that it gives us.
We are going to upgrade trucks and campers next year and were exited that Artic Fox offers the option of a sofa in place of the dinette in their campers. This also allows access to the bathroom when the slide is in. Just have to order it instead of picking it up off the lot.
Sold on having a sofa!
2001 F250 Diesel CC
2000 NL 8.5

steve68steve
Explorer
Explorer
Wife had ZERO interest in any truck camper that didn't have a couch. She had some TC experience growing up and told me that when it's raining, you either have to lie in bed or sit bolt-upright in an uncomfortable dinette seat... not fun.

When she saw a TC with a couch in it, we bought it, and we've both been VERY happy with the couch option.

I told my wife about the posts here in the TC forum where I've seen people converting dinettes with chairs, couches, etc., and the occasional post about "dinette vs. couch". She told me I should take every opportunity to proselytize couches in TC's.

So there, I just did.

The footrest in the OP would just be the icing on the cake. Wait, even better: two recliners in that space.
2013 Travel Lite 960RX
2001 Ford F350 Diesel Super Cab Long Bed

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice Bob and Dot!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
quote wrote:
Can you post the whole pic for us ?
Thanks,Mike

I did my best to pan out. My wide angle is a little limited but these will give you a good idea.
I swaped the 'too large' OEM table for a 24" round table from Lowe's.
I mounted it on the same OEM slider track, so it slides out of the way against the window cushion or slides out into the aisle.
I placed the two plates on it to show the avl. room we have using the smaller table.
I sanded it and stained with a few coats of poly-U . We loose the extra dinette bed option but , for the two of us, we gain a lot of elbow/hip room when we sit at the dinette during our winter snomobiling vacations.
This simple 15x30 piece of 1/4" plywood has made the tc a very user freindly cabin for us .
OEM dinette with new 24" table

I store the 15x30 plywood under the cushion

I simply slide the plywood out to use as a footrest

Any pillow will work, we use our bed pillow or a small throw pillow

It makes a very comfy lounge chair , narrow enough to get up and use the bathroom etc., w/o having to undo it .

For the second person ,we use the OEM slideout tray that is used as a platform for the dinette bed.

From both lounges, we can view the 22" LED TV which is hooked up to the DVD sound system, speakers are above the dinette for easy listening.

Hope these pics helped show what we did . We did it this way in order to not make a permanent alteration and keep things as original for resale. As you can see, there was no real expense involved in doing this mod. It really works well and makes life more comfortable in our small non slide unit.

Regards, Bob and Dot

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
That definitely makes much more sense than the dinette booth. When looking at TC's, my complaint was - where's the couch or recliner - a dinette just isn't comfortable enough for those times when you stay inside. the couch with foot stool not only allows you to stretch out comfortably but there's the table too. TT's should have this type of setup!
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
Pretty neat !

Can you post the whole pic for us ?
Thanks,Mike
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
From the ad: "Flexsteel Roll Over Lounge w/ 2 extended foot rest (Like a Lazyboy) Makes Double Bed"

Flexsteel is still in business
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I found it comfortable to simply place a 15x30 piece of 1/4" plywood under the cushion and slide it out when needed. I place a small pillow on it and its very comfy. It helps make it more comfortable during cold or rainy times when we are forced to spend more time indoors. It's simple, inexpensive and it works .
plywood/pillow footrest

tooldad1041
Explorer
Explorer
is alpenlite still in business? maybe that couch can be ordered from parts.

that is exactly what I was trying to accomplish by converting a standard couch in my camper. got everything but the footrests.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky if it ain't gone by now
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."