cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

myowneq
Explorer
Explorer
oznium.com is an American owned company that I've dealt with frequently. Excellent customer relations and good products of all types dealing with LED's. I'm looking at their waterproof SMD bar for under my trailer.
2010 F150 XLT 4x4 SCab 5.4L
2007 Grand Surveyor

toprudder
Explorer
Explorer
isuee94 wrote:
iowassfan wrote:
^^^hahaha^^^ yeah, my bro already gave me******and wanted to know if I was going to be in the next "Fast and Furious" movie. Lol.

You really need some of these on your trailer!

I was thinking more of some rotating disco balls hung under the trailer. You know, spread the light around some for all the neighbors. 🙂
Bob, Martha, and Matt.
Tucker, the Toy Poodle
'09 K-Z MXT20, '07 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Toprudder.com

HedoTravelers
Explorer
Explorer
Coming from Hong Kong thats why. Takes awhile to cross the pond. 🙂
Respect,
Brent

TV ~
Searching for diesel TV, Prodigy
Rig ~
Keystone Montana 3400RL
Selling 2010 Keystone Passport 256RLS

"Wherever you go, there you are"

Rob8484
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, shipping on the LED strip lights are showing an estimated ship date of may 24th and june 7th!
Rob 33(me) Kristi 31(wife) Kenedi 5 (daughter) and our 2 dogs (Molly & Wayne) (RIP Molly)
2008 F250 Super Duty
2008 Forest River Cardinal 33LE
G14 Yamaha golf cart

iowassfan
Explorer
Explorer
isuee94 wrote:
iowassfan wrote:
^^^hahaha^^^ yeah, my bro already gave me******and wanted to know if I was going to be in the next "Fast and Furious" movie. Lol.

HMMMM. Do they make those in my trailers bolt pattern???? LOL. Seriously though, these lights are going to be great for late night set ups, and for all the stuff we store under the camper once set up.

iowassfan
Explorer
Explorer
Pitapony wrote:
Don't they have any made in America? I don't "do" China unless absolutely necessary.

Good luck finding American made LEDS. You can find a ton of USA sellers selling the same "China" LEDS. If that makes you feel better just send me $50 and I will order them off Ebay then resell em to you. 🙂

isuee94
Explorer
Explorer
iowassfan wrote:

2005 Chevy Tahoe Z71
2011 Palomino Puma 26RLSS
Equal-i-zer Hitch & Prodigy Controller

PennyPA
Explorer
Explorer
Don't they have any made in America? I don't "do" China unless absolutely necessary.
COPD and LVRS
On the Road Again

My Home - 2002 Glendale Titanium, 32/37DS with a basement slide.
Our Home's Leader - Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel Dually

Our Leaders - Sam(Bird), Chirp(Bird), Nellie(FAT cat), Lucy(Kitten), Willie(Dog) & Daisy(Dog)

85AllegroSam
Explorer
Explorer
About a dollar a foot. I haven't been shopping for these lately but had thought about getting some and, somewhere else I entirely forget where or in what context, I got the idea these lights were under a dollar a foot. Maybe not.
2008 Dutchmen Kodiak 27CDSL,-94Dodg4x4Cummins- Mods:Auto switchover Honda EU3000IS gen cabeled to gen in truck.-Propride 3P hitch:)-Cold weather mods:Valves/tanks heated-insulated, storm windows, plumbing drains to low point. Barker 24" tongue jack

kearlms
Explorer
Explorer
85AllegroSam wrote:
kearlms wrote:
Before you know it the whole camping world will have these on their TT's. I actually like the idea. We boondock in some very far away dark places. Would be nice for finding the TT once the lights and lanterns are out. Also, they are down low so they are not as much of a nuisance to all those around you. Looks good. Looks like they got them on sale for $1.00 a strip plus $2.91 shipping for the next 11 hours.

But no combined shipping, $2.71 for each additional item, Adds up.

Still only $3.91 a strip that is cheep.

bwanshoom
Explorer
Explorer
Clickable link.
2010 Cougar 322 QBS
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LMM CC/SB 4x4 LTZ
Pullrite SuperGlide 18K

85AllegroSam
Explorer
Explorer
kearlms wrote:
Before you know it the whole camping world will have these on their TT's. I actually like the idea. We boondock in some very far away dark places. Would be nice for finding the TT once the lights and lanterns are out. Also, they are down low so they are not as much of a nuisance to all those around you. Looks good. Looks like they got them on sale for $1.00 a strip plus $2.91 shipping for the next 11 hours.

But no combined shipping, $2.71 for each additional item, Adds up.
2008 Dutchmen Kodiak 27CDSL,-94Dodg4x4Cummins- Mods:Auto switchover Honda EU3000IS gen cabeled to gen in truck.-Propride 3P hitch:)-Cold weather mods:Valves/tanks heated-insulated, storm windows, plumbing drains to low point. Barker 24" tongue jack

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
iowassfan wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
Do you have a link on these lights? That's a great price.
Thanks

Sure do. They have many colors to choose from. Shipping only took 2 weeks from Hong Kong to Iowa. Here ya go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/120cm-60-SMD-LED-Flexible-Car-Strip-Light-Waterproof_W0QQitemZ140529795994QQcategoryZ58019QQvarZQQcmdZViewItem

Those look cool, although I am opting for white LEDs myself. Thanks for the idea and link. I am putting one of those LED strips under the area where the stairs are leading into the TT. The other strips I purchased are going into the storage areas for some much needed light.

If anybody wants to know, here is the link for the white LEDs from the same vendor iowassfan used - 120cm White 60 LED SMD Flexible Strip Car Light 12V New
I love me some land yachting

kearlms
Explorer
Explorer

stugpanzer
Explorer
Explorer
iowassfan wrote:
MartyMoose wrote:
Do you have a link on these lights? That's a great price.
Thanks

Sure do. They have many colors to choose from. Shipping only took 2 weeks from Hong Kong to Iowa. Here ya go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/120cm-60-SMD-LED-Flexible-Car-Strip-Light-Waterproof_W0QQitemZ140529795994QQcategoryZ58019QQvarZQQcmdZViewItem

Clicky
2006 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37C
Mods: EEZRV Products TPMS, Cobra 29LX 50th Anniversary CB radio with Firestik NGP Antenna, Self contained sewer hose