cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cool Mods - Thread restored 10/18/2012

2Rad4U
Explorer II
Explorer II
My daughter was getting a little warm in her bunk during our last camping trip, so I decided to put her a fan in to keep the air flowing.

I had been wanting to add a 12-volt fan to the main living area anyway, so I decided to tackle both jobs today. A trip to Wal-Mart for two fans($8.48 each) and we're halfway there.

She picked the spot, and I got to work -

I picked up the power from her overhead light. All I have left is to install a short piece of wire cover and I'm done -

I added one in the main area -

I dropped by Lowe's and found this cool soap dispenser. I also just installed these Pop-a-Toothbrush holders -

I added a sopa dispenser to the kitchen area as well. I also installed a Pop-a-Napkin under the radio -

Here's an easy mod. I found this over the door towel rack at Walmart and it works great -

Chris
2005 Rockwood 2516G (sold)
2005 Max-Lite 24RS (sold)
2019 Rockwood 2608BS (sold)
2020 Grand Design 337RLS
2018 Chevy 2500HD
2,727 REPLIES 2,727

ianblaster
Explorer
Explorer
Merrykalia wrote:
thewaggonerfamily wrote:
Does anyone have some good pics/link/suggestions/ideas for neatly storing a lot of fishing poles? We are a family of 9, so at least 9 fishing poles, but usually more, because my hubby will have a few different types of rods and also likes to have a couple extra, just in case. Also a couple of those will be kid rods. We have a TT and no long cross camper storage bays. (I wish!) We do have a large storage area under the RV queen bed that lifts up, but is only accessible from indoors. The exterior storage is under one of the dinette benches and under the rear bunk bed, but that also has the water heater and maybe the furnace under there. Oh, and needs to be fairly cheap. Ideas?

I sure hope someone has some good ideas for this....we had a huge argument the other day about all those rods reels hooks, etc. that were cluttering up a HUGE storage area.

Another fishing pole idea.Click Here
2007 Expedition EL Limited 4x2 w/Tow Pkg
2009 KZ Spree LX 318 BHS

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
timbo wrote:
Here are a couple of mods.

When I had my fresh water tank built I added a second inlet so I could fill the tank from a valve inside the trailer when connected to the city water connection.

This is a great mod. I did this on my previous rig, but haven't had time to install this on my current rig.

I like this, especially for showers. When connected to City Water, the pressure regulator restricts the flow too much. I like to turn on the pump to supplement that water with tank water for a good shower. However, this drains the fresh tank. Rather than deal with hoses to fill the tank, just open the valve and fill the tank from inside, where you can monitor the tank level.
Lee

Fisherguy
Explorer
Explorer
If you put that foam pipe insulation on the hose where it contacts the wall it will help with the noise from the vibrations too.
06 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins 6 spd std with a few goodies.

2007 Komfort 274TS, 480 watts solar, Trimetric 2025RV, PD9280, Honda EU2000i, Xantrex SW600

2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS, 600 watts solar, 3-100Ah Lithiums, 12volt Norcold Fridge

vapman
Explorer
Explorer
uscgcolletti wrote:
My guess it was premade water lines that had factory fitting.

That's right. It's part of the water pump noise supresssion kit.
-Tim
2001 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L CC LB 4.10
1960 Airstream Ambassador 28'

uscgcolletti
Explorer
Explorer
My guess it was premade water lines that had factory fitting.

Lady_Fitzgerald
Explorer
Explorer
timbo wrote:
...When I had my fresh water tank built I added a second inlet so I could fill the tank from a valve inside the trailer when connected to the city water connection.

Why the loop in the water line?
Jeannie

cheezy26_81
Explorer
Explorer
thewaggonerfamily wrote:
Does anyone have some good pics/link/suggestions/ideas for neatly storing a lot of fishing poles? We are a family of 9, so at least 9 fishing poles, but usually more, because my hubby will have a few different types of rods and also likes to have a couple extra, just in case. Also a couple of those will be kid rods. We have a TT and no long cross camper storage bays. (I wish!) We do have a large storage area under the RV queen bed that lifts up, but is only accessible from indoors. The exterior storage is under one of the dinette benches and under the rear bunk bed, but that also has the water heater and maybe the furnace under there. Oh, and needs to be fairly cheap. Ideas?

i have seen one mod for fishing poles where they strapped a pvc tube to the bumper. i think it was 6" pvc.

cheezy26_81
Explorer
Explorer
oops

vapman
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a couple of mods.

The first one is real simple. The doors on the atwood water heaters are held on with a small rivet and a bent metal loop. I decided to add a screw to make it a little more difficult to fly off down the road.

When I had my fresh water tank built I added a second inlet so I could fill the tank from a valve inside the trailer when connected to the city water connection.

-Tim
2001 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L CC LB 4.10
1960 Airstream Ambassador 28'

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
I have posted this before but thought I would post it again. I mounted this fishing rod holder in my storage compartment but you will be limited in length, my fly rods would not fit so they get put in their own holders. However, two sets of these rod holders would hold twelve rods and you could actually mount them inside your TT on the ceiling. I have yet to have any of my fishing rods get damaged or fall out of the holders. I do not keep reels attached.

Berkley Black Horizontal Rod Rack
I love me some land yachting

Winged_One
Explorer
Explorer
Lady Fitzgerald wrote:

Where did you get those cat doors?

http://cathole.com/

Can also purchase from Drs. Foster and Smith. But you have to wait for them to go on sale there to get a decent price.
2013 F350 6.7 DRW SC Lariat
2011 Brookstone 354TS
Swivelwheel 58DW
1993 GL1500SE
Yamaha 3000ISEB

Lady_Fitzgerald
Explorer
Explorer
Winged One wrote:
My wife is a huge cat fan. Thus one of our three will be traveling with us. That made a big difference in our options regarding a trailer/5th wheel we would purchase. It had to have a good spot for a cat box. Something out of the way and not in the bedroom. There were usually 1 or 2 floorplans from every manufacturer that would work. We ended up with a Brookstone 354TS.

The cat box would go in the closet, in the hallway to the bedroom. A cat door/opening was in order. So I put one in one of the doors (hard, hard hickory). I also put one at the bottom of the door to the bedroom, so the cat can have access at night without having to leave the door open.

We removed one of the shelves so that the topper would fit over the box.

So far the wife and the cat are happy.

Where did you get those cat doors?
Jeannie

phenrichs
Explorer
Explorer
I saw photos a long time ago of someone mounting pvc in the front passthrough compartment and then just sliding the whole unit (rod and reel) into the pipe. A small hook on one end to hook the handle of the rod for stability. 9 would be a bit more challenge however.
2006 Ram 3500 Megacab Cummins
2012 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
thewaggonerfamily wrote:

I sure hope someone has some good ideas for this....we had a huge argument the other day about all those rods reels hooks, etc. that were cluttering up a HUGE storage area.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

4AggiesMom
Explorer
Explorer
My hubby uses a long PVC pipe that is attached to the rear bumper with bungee cords. He usually removes the reels from the rods and stores them separately. It is our easy, low cost solution.
Proud Mom & Dad
3 Sons + 3 Daughters-in-law
1 Daughter + 1 Son-in-law
1 Grandson, 5 Granddaughters

tent-7yrs, popup-25yrs, hybrid-5yrs, travel trailer-3yrs
now-2016 Flagstaff 5th wheel pulled by F-250 diesel