Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delaminated Arctic Fox 811

trev1964
Explorer
Explorer
Ok!
I have bought an Arctic Fox 811 slide in camper, I love it. The shell 811 was used for a week by the previous owner, never used anything in it apart from the bed. So it is mint!!
The problem is the owner parked it and simply walked away, not maintaining the roof or any areas needing sealants, so its suffering severe delimitation. Any suggestions on repairing the 811? do it myself vs taking it to RV shop ?

Thanks

Trev
21 REPLIES 21

1jogger
Explorer
Explorer
Similar story with our 2006 AF 990. After purchase, on the return trip from Texas to Ca. The wind buffeting the front brought out all delamination bubbles on the nose and over cab sagging. After head shaking estimates I called AF in Oregon, made an appt and had the whole nose, top to bottom replaced for about 2k, granted it was about 3 yrs ago but they treated us great and threw in some extras. We made a vacation out of it.
A friend had the sagging delamination over the cab, under the bedroom, he drilled a few holes injected glue pressed up with wood and
it turned out fine.
Hope this helps
1jogger

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
a couple weeks there was a guy up in new england that had a side delaminate and I think it popped out of the corner molding. he was repairing it with epoxy and you press boards up against the side, putting pressure on the fiberglass from a tree or something as the epoxy dries. But there was a storm comming and he was delayed taking the boards off and I never did hear the end or see final pictures.

I have a 2011 open range roamer with similar damage and looking for a solution. Manufacture offered to fix it for $28,000. they wanted to replace both sides to fix it. but camper is only worth $15K trade in with no damage.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
trev1964 wrote:
Ok!
I have bought an Arctic Fox 811 slide in camper, I love it. The shell 811 was used for a week by the previous owner, never used anything in it apart from the bed. So it is mint!!
The problem is the owner parked it and simply walked away, not maintaining the roof or any areas needing sealants, so its suffering severe delimitation. Any suggestions on repairing the 811? do it myself vs taking it to RV shop ?

Thanks

Trev

@OP: Even though you are a new member seeing help and advice, try to wade through the minutia of replies that are not related to your question... we really are a helpful bunch of folks here.

As mentioned before, some photos will help us help you. But delamination due to water intrusion from lack of maintenance is generally not a good thing.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Reddog1
Explorer
Explorer
trev1964 wrote:
Ok!

Thanks

Trev
This is the OP's post. Is it really necessary to hijack his thread with Off Topic, and Flame posts? Please show a little respect. The next hijacked thread could be a thread you start seeking information.

I will delete OFF Topic Posts.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

OBSPowerstroke
Explorer
Explorer
To the OP, if you can post pictures of the severity of the delamination, you'd probably get some good input as to what to do about it. Unfortunately, if it's bad enough, the camper may not be worth repairing, but you could make some money parting it out.
Josh
'16 Ford F350
'11 Komfort Resort 240RK
Portland, OR

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
You wrote, "its suffering severe delimitation."
How severe? How big is the area...and where?

Hard to give any advice without more info. Delam can and usually is a major problem. Very difficult and expensive to completely repair. Also can be problems underneath...like rot, mold, etc if the delam was caused by water intrusion rather than glue failure.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Ranger_Tim
Explorer
Explorer
More info, such as pics would be helpful.
Ranger Tim
2006 F-350 Super Crew King Ranch SRW Bulletproofed
2016 Wolf Creek 840
Upper and Lower StableLoads