cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays in camper buiddate

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Called to get an update for my Host Cascade build. I signed the papers March 31, I was given a build date last of September, first of October. Build date has been pushed to end of October, first of November. Obtaining materials and components are causing the delays. I'm now thinking I may not even have my camper by the end of the year. Just venting. Barry
2006 F350 4x4 DRW CREW CAB 6.0

SNOWRIVER 9'6" DINETTE ALL WEATHER PACKAGE

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER
151 REPLIES 151

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
Its also a great time to sell a camper. Dealer offered me what I paid 18 months ago 🙂
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I wanted recliners, but kept putting it off. This weekend we will roadtrip/camp with 3 young kids and a daughter, so it’s good that I have the bunk above the dinette and the dinette that makes into a bed. 😄

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm an 'off the rack' kinda guy... I'll buy new, but I want to see it on the lot and touch and inspect it.

I see literally hundreds of new RV's of all flavors in my area on dealer lots... I have no idea on their pricing, but they have plenty in stock from what I see from the road.

I bought my 2019 brand new and it was the exact floor plan I wanted, but needed some changes and the major one was going from the dinette to the theater seat option.

I just asked for that when we bought it off the lot and they ordered the theater seats for it. I took the rig home and waited a couple of months for it to come in, but I did have that couple of months to enjoy the new rig and get the other 'mods' I was planning on doing to it anyway done with.

I got a great deal on it in July of 2019, even with the extra grand for the theater seats..

Anyway, that's my story and hope you get your rig soon and hope it's all you wanted it to be.

Good luck! Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
:S
You're right! I still did a double take even when looking back after you pointed it out.

Apologies to both Messrs W.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
d3500ram wrote:
I see you changed you signature... You moved! Are you no longer the mayor of Flat Rock?

It’s Barry W, not Brad W.:W

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
I'm just gonna be patient as I can. My wife and I have thought of getting another camper for a while now. We really never saw a camper we would trade our Snowriver for till we looked at a used Host Cascade at DH&V rv in apex, nc. We liked the camper just not the used 2018 Cascade we visited. It had been abused, appeared to have structural damage. So we ordered a new one. It is fun to dream of the new camper and the adventures we will still be making in a TC. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

EYEMLOST
Explorer
Explorer
Barry W wrote:
Called to get an update for my Host Cascade build. I signed the papers March 31, I was given a build date last of September, first of October. Build date has been pushed to end of October, first of November. Obtaining materials and components are causing the delays. I'm now thinking I may not even have my camper by the end of the year. Just venting. Barry

Sorry to hear about your delay.

I'm so glad I won't be ordering my truck and camper until 2025/26.

Tens of thousands of Ford trucks are being stored in a huge parking lot(s) waiting for computer chips.
1998 FWC Grandby
1994 Ford Bronco 5.0 XL 4X4
Sky's ORD 6" Lift / Sterling 10.25 Dually 5.13 Gear Detroit Locker / '99.5 Front F-350 Leaf Springs at Rear / HMMWVtires

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I see you changed you signature... You moved! Are you no longer the mayor of Flat Rock?
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I respect the virus, not fear. I don’t hide but I act responsibly for my health and others. My brother-in-law did too but he caught Covid and died.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
mr_andyj wrote:
This on top of the supposed virus we are to fear and hide from.
I like the way you snuck that in there.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
That container ship Ever Given had a lot of containers on it, and it also backed up a lot more containers and caused delays, then the ports were flooded with containers all at once when they did move again, so delays due to customs handling it.. I think the Ever Given, owned by Evergreen (HRC), is still being unloaded. Reports of children and women being removed from special containers are out there, some sort of smuggling event, so they are being through. This on top of the supposed virus we are to fear and hide from. Yea, we rely too much on china for goods.

Is there not an RV on the lot you can be happy with buying?

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
My wait in the scheme of things is not important. Sorry for your troubles in the new environment we live in. Maybe next year things will get back to normal. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
^Crazy!
Nothing like an election, a bunch of needless riots that weren’t curtailed and a good old fashioned pandemic to screw up an otherwise good decade!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Sure sorry to hear that. 😞

There goes my work truck 7 weeks ago on its way to the dealer.

2020 Volvo, still sitting there waiting for parts.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I’m waiting on dates for a cardiac ablation, back surgery. On a lighter note my golf club is waiting on new golf carts to replace existing ones but have been told due to supply chain issues, will be delayed with no new date provided.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT