cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dinette bed weight limit on a jayco featherlite?

yankeeslover
Explorer
Explorer
2011 jayco featherlite 17. just wondering how much weight the dinette bed can hold? I know the bunkends are 1100 pounds but I cant seem to find any info anywhere on how much the dinette bed limit is..thank you
9 REPLIES 9

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Ask whatever questions you want. It doesn't matter if you are buying a new one, a NTU (New to you) one, or just curious. You can even ask a question about a camper you don't own, if you feel like it ๐Ÿ˜‰

In our Starcraft, we have had two large adults on it without problems.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
dadmomh wrote:
Now I'm confused. Aren't you in the market for a new TT?? Saw your 6/10 post re 2 TT choices, so I would not spend a lot of time fretting over the weight limit on a HTT dinette/bed....unless you're needing to use the dinette in the new TT for a bed. What did you decide on the TT??

i hope you take more time buying your new TT, than you did buying the Jayco, a couple of months ago, instead making a impulsive purchase again.
and when you do, make sure the dealer gives you a FULL PDI, so that all your questions are answered and you are better informed on operating the new trailer, than you were on the Jayco.

if you had done a little more research and investigation at sites like this one, most of us would have told you that that would be a very small trailer to be in for a family.
and the most common recommendation: Buy your second trailer, FIRST!
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Now I'm confused. Aren't you in the market for a new TT?? Saw your 6/10 post re 2 TT choices, so I would not spend a lot of time fretting over the weight limit on a HTT dinette/bed....unless you're needing to use the dinette in the new TT for a bed. What did you decide on the TT??
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
For some extra insurance....after adding some adequate screws or even bolt through, consider making a couple of 4x4 "legs" to go underneath the dinette in the bed position. You could add something a simple as sticky velcro to hold the leg to the base and maybe a larger block to stabilize in the floor so it doesn't slide out. We never use our dinette for other than a dinette, but you're right, there's not much support there.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
When I weighed 225 I laid on ours and it bowed but didn't break. Oh, that was on a PUP not our ROO.

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
I weigh in at 275 pounds. I sit on our dinette bed all the time and have never had a problem. Featherlite x23b

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
I also have been wondering that and have been unable to get an anwser. As a precaution, I like Cotay, added some supports to the side rails and feel a lot more comfortable when someone is sleeping on the Dinette bed.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

Cotay
Explorer
Explorer
I sat on ours while trying to change the diaper of my 6 month old son. It crashed to the floor. Granted I am a big guy and in hindsight it was stupid to sit there, but once it had broken I saw just how little they use for support. Mine had three very small screws that went no more than a quarter of an inch into the support "beams". If I were you I would go to the hardware store and get some size 10 wood screws and put a half dozen into each side just for the peace of mind. I did and I can now sleep on it. ๐Ÿ™‚

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
No idea probably kids only.
I nevrr nev
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt