cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected Hoses

Graywalker
Explorer
Explorer
The 2006 Wildwood LE 30 BHBS (by Forest River) I just bought a few weeks ago... I FINALLY get to hook up City Water and turn it on... water starts pouring out of this blue hose under the trailer on the Door Side, near the back.
There is a Red Hose and a Blue Hose hanging out a taped over hole. I want a shower!! What do I do??

I have no user manual or repair guide... didn't know I'd need one THIS soon.
12 REPLIES 12

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Graywalker wrote:

Went to look for valves under the sink in the bathroom, I see hoses, but a panel that covers part of the cabinet is screwed in with square bit screws... Not sure where my square bits are...

It is a very rarely used square head bit too. The cheaper bit sets often don't have that size in them. If you find one keep it in your camper with a handle to drive it. A lot of things on campers are held together with that size bit.

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
opnspaces wrote:
If it has valves like my trailer they look like twist valves but twisting them does nothing. You have to push them down to close them and pull them up to open them.

Here is a picture of my low point drains. Theey are also the type that you pull to open and push to close. Note that these drains are in the compartment with the hot water heater. I have also labeled the water heater bypass valves which are shown in the "normal" position. Switch all three to the oposite position for "bypass" mode.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
If it has valves like my trailer they look like twist valves but twisting them does nothing. You have to push them down to close them and pull them up to open them.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Graywalker
Explorer
Explorer
I went and got two water hose shutoff valves... and they don't fit. Not water hose sized. LOL...

I've now see where it is 1/2" PEX pipes and an idea to replace the ends with cutoff valves... tempting.

But, either way, no shower tongiht 😞

Went to look for valves under the sink in the bathroom, I see hoses, but a panel that covers part of the cabinet is screwed in with square bit screws... Not sure where my square bits are...

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted.

Several others had already replied about looking for valves.

DanKirk
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, some of them have valves. Inside, or outside. You might just need to shut off the valve.
2017 Windjammer 3006WK
2011 Dodge Ram 2500 4X4 Crew Cab Cummins Turbo Diesel

Tachdriver
Explorer
Explorer
My valves are on the low point drain hoses at the end. If yours do not have those then there should be a cap for it.

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Our RV has valves inside for the low point drains. Look for valves behind cabinets or whetever else is above where the blue and red hoses come outside.

When you winterize this Fall close the drain valves after draining so insects won't be able to crawl up into the water lines.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Graywalker wrote:
Thank you for the quick replies!

I am gonna wring the dealer's neck!!

Nah, he gave you a chance to start learning about your trailer...low point drains are part of the basics.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Graywalker
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for the quick replies!

I am gonna wring the dealer's neck!!

aamyotte
Explorer
Explorer
That hose is the low point drain in the cold (blue) and hot (red) water lines. They usually have caps for them. They must not have been reinstalled after the unit was winterized. Check with the RV dealer, they should be able to give you some.
Al
2011 Ford Expedition Max Limited
2006 Trail Cruiser TC23SB
Equalizer WDH

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
they are hot and cold low point drains. Put a cap on the one that has no cap