cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Drive It From The Top?

JSSEC
Explorer
Explorer
No windshield at the bottom and be hard to fold up the steps.
2008 F 350 CC DRW
1978 F 350 Camper Special
1982 Real Lite
Custom Paint & Trim
21 REPLIES 21

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
drc5900 wrote:
Looks like somebody had fun making a mobile hunting shack.

That's what I was thinking too.... Somebody made an elevated huntin rig.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

JSSEC
Explorer
Explorer
rickeoni wrote:
Double Decker racing in Europe, might be catching on in the south.
The Redneck 500!

Top guy has the wheel bottom guy has gas and binders.
2008 F 350 CC DRW
1978 F 350 Camper Special
1982 Real Lite
Custom Paint & Trim

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
I see we weren’t going for aerodynamics on this conversion.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
My first thought too was a mobile hunting shack, but the windows appear to be too limiting for that. My second thought is some kind of tour bus for a wildlife park?
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

jefe_4x4
Explorer
Explorer
This is just normal for Burning Man. All i can say is, this guy has a sense of humor. Oh, you can give all your engineering dude critiques, but it doesn't change his thinking. It only illuminates your own thinking. I like the steering column in open air traversing down into the hood. Many u-joints to make this work.
I have seen many 'wondrous junks' when i lived in L.A. and somebody smoked too many funny cigarettes. One was two full size 1960's busses, piled one on top of the other and operated from the top cab. Top one no running gear. 15.5 feet tall. It gives a new meaning to 'hit with the ugly stick." I never saw it move.
jefe
'01.5 Dodge 2500 4x4, CTD, Qcab, SB, NV5600, 241HD, 4.10's, Dana 70/TruTrac; Dana 80/ TruTrac, Spintec hub conversion, H.D. susp, 315/75R16's on 7.5" and 10" wide steel wheels, Vulcan big line, Warn M15K winch '98 Lance Lite 165s, 8' 6" X-cab, 200w Solar

Camp__Forrest__
Explorer
Explorer
drc5900 wrote:
Looks like somebody had fun making a mobile hunting shack.

That was my thought.

"You'll never see hunting the same after an outing in the new Aerostar mobile tree stand. The Aerostar features climate control, spacious downstairs living quarters, satellite navigation and power sliding windows. The camouflaged paint scheme blends in to wooded surroundings and the non-traditional design defeats any prey's search image. When considering your next piece of hunting equipment ask yourself, 'Why hide, when you can fly?',

The Aerostar mobile tree stand is not recommended for hunting, sleeping, driving, or towing. It is dangerous to consume alcohol while using the Aerostar mobile tree stand. Side effects of using this product may include, but are not limited to, rabies, death, altitude sickness, motion sickness, death, unexplained bleeding of the nose, eyes and mouth, and in rare cases, an uncontrollable attraction to Alex Trebek. This product is not approved for sale in any location governed by the laws of the United States of America. Those wishing to experience the Aerostar mobile tree stand should contact a health care professional immediately.
-2000 Chevy K3500 CC DRW 7.4L, Auto; 2000 Arctic Fox 1150 WB; 1999 Bayliner Capri 1800LS Outboard
-Air Lift bags, Torklift tie-downs, Superhitch w/48", Rancho RS9000X, K&N FIPK, MagnaFlow exhaust.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
profdant139 wrote:
"When welding equipment gets into the wrong hands . . . . "

that would be this guy, left his torch lit and went back to the main house for a beer last Sunday. torch fell, lit his workshop on fire and burned it up plus his car parked next to it.

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Are you certain it's welded? I see a lot of rivets, or nuts and bolts.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a prop left over from that TV series the A-Team.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

rickeoni
Explorer
Explorer
Double Decker racing in Europe, might be catching on in the south.
The Redneck 500!

2008 F450
2007 Adventurer 85WS
2012 Haulmark "The Garage"
2016 Outdoors RV Glacier Peak 26 RKS

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
profdant139 wrote:

Alcohol and welders don't mix :@

I guess they had a reason.....

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
profdant139 wrote:

No truer statement can be said :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Was there something there? Or was it camouflaged so that I could not see it?

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Definetly some sort of hunting contraption. Maybe a duck blind....towed in and towed out ?

Redneck Engineering ain't it wonderful...