cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do you wax your trailer?

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
Another Newbie question. I know people hose down and even power wash their TT to remove the travel grime, but do you wax it like a car? It seems like a bit much.

When not I use, mine will be parked in the yard with some shade, also Indiana does not have the brutal sun of the southern states.

Likewise, would a trailer cover be wise in the summer months or would it trap too much heat?
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.
53 REPLIES 53

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
No, no, no on the pressure washer....unless you want the decals to start coming off AND possibly have water forced into places it shouldn't be. Get yourself a hose, a bucket, some car wash soap and a long handled, soft brush and have fun. It also gives you the chance to see things like caulking and seal up close to check for problems.

Absolutely on the wax. If you've got a time crunch, at least get the front done so the bugs wash off easier. DH got a wax especially made for use with a buffer, but never on the decals....only by hand and use 303 for that.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

1stSgtPinkerton
Explorer
Explorer
Si what's the best thing to remove black streaks?

Copper_Penny
Explorer
Explorer
yup yup twice a year is what I do

Denis, Linda, Jennifer & Monte (Shih-Poo)

2010 Ford F-150 Lariat,6.5'box,4WD,5.4L, Max tow package,3.73 Gears,11,100 tow capacity.
2007 Kodiak 21QS Queen Bed solid rear slide,4000lbs,gvwr 6000lbs
Husky Weight Distribution Hitch.

Brett_K
Explorer
Explorer
I plan on using a good one-step polish/ synthetic sealer on ours this year. I used Blackfire products on my F150 before winter and was really impressed with its durability.

DarthMuffin
Explorer
Explorer
I only wax the front, to make bug and dirt removal easier since that's where most of it gathers. I suppose if I had lots of free time then waxing the whole thing would be desirable, but I have better things to do.

I use Zaino Bros wax, same stuff I've been using on cars for years now. It's a synthetic, similar to Meguiar's NXT.

jmccen58
Explorer
Explorer
+1 ReJex It was formulated for the military to protect aircraft from jet engine exhaust gases. It goes on easy and dries to a slight haze. then just wipe the hase off. It's the easiest "protectant" I've ever used. I do the entire MH, windows, seals, graphics and TPO roof. Be sure and FOLLOW the directions. It's very important to apply when temperature is below 85f and allow to cure 12 hours out of direct sunlight. This allows it to cure and properly adhere to the surface. For routine cleaning most everything washes right off with just a hose spray nozzle. The 16oz bottle does my 31' with some to spare. A little goes a long way!

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
My bil never waxed his boats/RV trailers/street bikes/etc and after a few years they showed the lack of proper care.

I've owned three TC and one TT and three 5ers since the '60's. I washed and waxed each one once a year and they all looked like new when I sold/swapped them off. My current '97 5er still looks like new.
I wax my blue tractor/zero turn 'hopper/cars and trucks/boats or anything that has a finnished surface that can fade with time or sits in the sun.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

6_7_tow_rig
Explorer
Explorer
I do and use REJEX. Its supposed to be safe for the decals as well. Once its cured its incredibly slick and makes removing bugs from the front cap effortless
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Cummins 4x4
2013 Primetime Lacrosse 318bhs

westend
Explorer
Explorer
LeBout wrote:
westend wrote:
A couple of years ago I stumbled on a gallon of Parwax, a liquid wax that is just sprayed on the surface, diluted with water.

Are you sure that's the correct name? I wasn't finding anything by Googling that name. Do you have a link or know where you purchased it?

Par-fe is the actual name. I corrected my post to reflect that.
It is sold onlinePar-fe wax
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

LeBout
Explorer
Explorer
westend wrote:
A couple of years ago I stumbled on a gallon of Parwax, a liquid wax that is just sprayed on the surface, diluted with water.

Are you sure that's the correct name? I wasn't finding anything by Googling that name. Do you have a link or know where you purchased it?
2020 Heartland Wilderness 2500RL
2013 Ford F-150 3.5L Eccoboost Supercrew 4x4, Max tow package
2 Honda 2000 watt Generators
Eastern Oregon, USA

Our Trailer
Our Floorplan
Days camped so far in 2020: 0

audio1der
Explorer
Explorer
I only got 1 coat on last year (Nu-Finish). Hope to get 2 on this year.

colliehauler
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use Nu-Finish 1 a year.

thib2722
Explorer
Explorer
If you don't want to use the old-fashioned wax, there are some new liquid products. I use the Nanowax on my TV and RV. Both still look like new, and it's so easy to use. Just spray and wipe. You can even use it in the direct sunlight.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
CampingN.C. wrote:
What about waxing aluminum siding? Anyone doing that?
Yup!
A couple of years ago I stumbled on a gallon of Par-fe wax, a liquid wax that is just sprayed on the surface, diluted with water. I've even put the stuff om my snowblower chute to help keep it cleared of snow. Par-fe wax is amazing stuff and no need to buff. I have buffers and three black cars so I know how to polish and wax a painted surface. In this case, a spray-on wax is the easiest.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton