Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elon tease -- Tesla pick will look like military vehicle

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Another Elon Musk tease.:C

Just trolling the Mr. Magoo skeptics, EV and Musk haters.

Fire away!

Tesla Pick-up Military Style?
67 REPLIES 67

Bedlam
You will finally get an idea what the Tesla pickup will look like after two years of teasing. No idea how much longer Tesla will tease buyers before it actually becomes available:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/teslas-mystery-pickup-electric-cybertruck-unveiled-on-november-21-says...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
SARGUY wrote:
Where was this thing designed in Moscow? Its the most austere version of a motor vehicle imaginable, he will have to do a lot better than this to compete with the rest of todays pickup builders.

Nobody knows what it looks like. All just photoshop guesses.

I think the idea is to not compete with other pickups. He’ll probably shoot for the high performance crowd. EV’s are kinda naturals at that. Not every truck owner needs to tow 600 kilometers per day.

SARGUY
Explorer
Explorer
Where was this thing designed in Moscow? Its the most austere version of a motor vehicle imaginable, he will have to do a lot better than this to compete with the rest of todays pickup builders.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Another Elon Musk tease.:C

Just trolling the Mr. Magoo skeptics, EV and Musk haters.

Fire away!

Tesla Pick-up Military Style?

LOLOL
kids and their sily photoshop

Now this is military truck
https://youtu.be/JDynVAv8-MU

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
time2roll wrote:

LOL

Why no suicide doors like the Semi?

The diesel boys will no longer get to say "the one with the most lug nuts wins". I do like the concept of super singles shown.

I wonder if center position driving could catch on.

Real deal scheduled to be seen on November 21st.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-unveil-electric-pickup-cybertruck-171941930.html

That doesn't look like a military personnel carrier truck to me.:E

Updated version of the ole Ford Econoline Pickup

Or the Dodge A100

Volkswagon even had one
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
It looks more like the Ark II than a military vehicle.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
It looks , by the design to be trying to minimize the wheelbase, exactly the opposite of what RV or trailer towers want except for the very small ones.

With no front overhang, crash test ratings will be interesting too.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Yes the Amish guy's truck looks more like a trash truck than a consumer pick-up.
Maybe he hauls his horses in there.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:

LOL

Why no suicide doors like the Semi?

The diesel boys will no longer get to say "the one with the most lug nuts wins". I do like the concept of super singles shown.

I wonder if center position driving could catch on.

Real deal scheduled to be seen on November 21st.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-unveil-electric-pickup-cybertruck-171941930.html

That doesn't look like a military personnel carrier truck to me.:E

WVcampground
Explorer
Explorer

So you have an Amish guy with flip up sunglasses sitting on the running board. He apparently lost his hat and is wearing blue suede shoes. He is being eyeballed by guy with a Ram, who is picking his nose? On the other side is a 4'10" tall woman with size 15 gunboat feet, taking a picture with a Kodak disposable camera.
"Now the Subaru with the “coexist” sticker on the back doing 68 mph passing a semi that’s going 67mph in a 70 zone. Yeah I’ll slap the entitlement tag on them leaf lickers!" - Grit Dog - Warning, you may find the preceding offensive if you lick leaves.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:
Ah I see, I was thinking this pickup was aimed toward the grocery-getters, not the hauler market. My mistake.
Don't confuse the completely unknown Tesla PU with the EV-F150 or this cartoon.
Entertainment only 😉

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
Not a grocery getter.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ah I see, I was thinking this pickup was aimed toward the grocery-getters, not the hauler market. My mistake.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
fj12ryder wrote:
"I do like the concept of super singles shown."

"Super singels"? All I see are same size tires as on the front
ok and I am thinking the payload weight capacity of that single tire pair probably exceeds that of a 1-ton dually. Maybe not. I still like the idea of the larger single tire. Just a cartoon anyway and not even from Tesla.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
"I do like the concept of super singles shown."

"Super singles"? All I see are same size tires as on the front.

It may be scheduled to be seen on November 21st, but anything can happen: "Musk had said in January that Tesla might be ready to unveil the truck by summer."
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"