cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally sold our Travel Trailer.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
After a pretty long dry spell of non use of the camper, we decided that due to health problems and other issues that we should discontinue our escapade with camping in trialers. We have been enjoying camping for many years starting with tents, to an old Apache Pop Up, to a small travel trailer, to a large travel trailer, to a large 5th wheel, to a Class A motorhome, then back to a travel trailer, but as my health has declined over the last few years, it just got to be a little much to handle. Enjoyed them all for nearly 40 years and had very few problems with any of them. DW says that might be a smaller TT in the future, one that she sould handle pretty much herself so we could still visit local area state parts, private campgrounds, etc., but we shall see. Docs don't really forsee much more in the way of that sort of activity for me. If by some miracle, I am able to recover more thant current predictions, we might try another go with a smaller camper if we find one in great shape that does not require a lot of hands-on maintenance. Still holding onto the Ram 3500 dually as a tow vehicle and daily driver, so we shall see. Stanger things have happened. Luck to all you campers and try to remember you are doing it for enjoyment, not as an aggravation. Later...robsouth
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."
12 REPLIES 12

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be praying for your health situation. It's hard to believe we have been RVing for over 25 years, so 40 is a great run. Unfortunately nobody else we know camps anymore, so we're on our own while others go on cruises or rent houses and stay at hotels.
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck in what the future holds and enjoy the memories!

Thank you also for advice given in the past!

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

TacoPuller
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
After a pretty long dry spell of non use of the camper, we decided that due to health problems and other issues that we should discontinue our escapade with camping in trialers. We have been enjoying camping for many years starting with tents, to an old Apache Pop Up, to a small travel trailer, to a large travel trailer, to a large 5th wheel, to a Class A motorhome, then back to a travel trailer, but as my health has declined over the last few years, it just got to be a little much to handle. Enjoyed them all for nearly 40 years and had very few problems with any of them. DW says that might be a smaller TT in the future, one that she sould handle pretty much herself so we could still visit local area state parts, private campgrounds, etc., but we shall see. Docs don't really forsee much more in the way of that sort of activity for me. If by some miracle, I am able to recover more thant current predictions, we might try another go with a smaller camper if we find one in great shape that does not require a lot of hands-on maintenance. Still holding onto the Ram 3500 dually as a tow vehicle and daily driver, so we shall see. Stanger things have happened. Luck to all you campers and try to remember you are doing it for enjoyment, not as an aggravation. Later...robsouth

You need a Four Winds 19G. For that matter...I need one too!! Nice; no BS setting up, easy to park, easy to move. You can camp ANYWHERE with one, off the beaten track, or with hookups. This would be a ZERO aggravation rig.
Just my two cents...along with $30K 🙂 buys you one!

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
Forty years is a great run of camping ! Way to go.

Best wishes to you in your future.

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry you had to sell. Your wife would be able to tow and set up an Aliner like we have herself, if you decide that you can't stand not to go camping. We have found its simplicity in set up and ability to tow with a smaller vehicle very liberating.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
As a long time user of this forum nothing brings me more sadness than posts like yours. It is inevitable that all of us will face this decision. Best wishes my friend.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
Wishing you the best!
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear and hope things improve for you. I think that was one of the reasons for us to downsize several years ago, I wanted something I could handle myself if needed. Glad you and DW had a good 40 years. Good luck to y'all.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear about your health and your decision. 40 years of camping is nothing to be ashamed about though! I hope you find some other way to enjoy your time and hope that your health improves.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

EcoBullet
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you recover enough to go again. Unfortunately, all of us will reach a point where we may no longer be able to go like we once did. But, think of the memories we have! I hope you took photos. Browsing old photos brings back so many good memories of past trips. I have scanned a bunch of photos from back in the 35mm days and have them on a flash drive so I can watch them on TV.
Me 1954, Nana 1954, Grandson 2003, Granddaughters 2005 & 2008
2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2013 F-150 XLT Supercrew 4X4 Ecoboost Max Tow

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I hope you recover. I knew a couple that owned a small Class C. They sold their car and used the C as a daily driver.
It worked well for them.

There are options. Work at getting better, we'll be pulling for you.
And, check in on the forum. You can still share your knowledge and experience.

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
Im sorry to hear you had to sell. We bought a smaller trailer so one of us could set it up and take it down if neccessary. I hope your health improves for another opportunity. Good luck and we will try to remember the joy over the torment!
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200