cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First mod in new trailer

MFOX
Explorer
Explorer

I found stackable wire baskets in Lowes to make a pantry closet out of one of the coat closets. They fit perfect. I might go back and get two more. So thrilled it worked because I really didn't want to screw anything into the walls of the closet.
MFox
Wonderful DH
Three kids:)
Daughter 99
Sons 01 & 05
Four rescue dogs who are wonderful!
11 REPLIES 11

ADK_Camper
Explorer
Explorer

Here's a shelf I made for an overhead cabinet in the kitchen. It's made from plywood and shaped like an "H" so it just stands in the cupboard without being attached to anything. I think this technique would work in any cabinet with as many shelves as you need.

Also note in the photo there are short little tension rods to keep stuff in place while traveling. They are available in any discount store for a buck or two.

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
2Ambros wrote:
Im looking to put some type of shelving in our closet too. Thanks for sharing this idea ๐Ÿ˜‰

The baskets look great, we didn't think of that. Hubby put adjustable shelves in a closet. He screwed the side rails on the interior walls fine and it is nice I can adjust them.
In a smaller pantry it was pretty narrow to get drill in so for each shelf he took 3 pieces of wood, nicely edged and set 2 in, they are quite snug, for supporting the 3rd (actual shelf). They work great for cans, small boxes or tupperware filled with sugar,tea, coffee etc.

2Ambros
Explorer
Explorer
Im looking to put some type of shelving in our closet too. Thanks for sharing this idea ๐Ÿ˜‰
Just us & Molly the wonder-lab !
2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift
2006 Ford F150 4x4
1988 Sierra Cobra, 'Griswald'

We are way too adventurous to be ordinary!

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
I used the same ones in our ROO 23SS. Worked like a charm. We also didn't want to make holes in the walls, but get some sticky Velcro and you'll be friends for life. It's easy to remove when you need to and if any residue remains, some Goo Gone will fix that. Stick one length, whatever you need to the wall, lay the matching piece over a piece of the vinyl covered wire and press together. Suggestions....put the heavier things on the bottom, lighter on top. I also used the bed pillows both in front and on the side to secure the baskets in transit. If the road is especially bumpy, you may have to adjust a bit, but the Velcro holds it in place...do each basket separately.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
I found a set at HD for the previous TT. We had a half height closet on top of the water heater. Dimensions were close enough that I had to assemble the frame in the closet. 3 kids, 3 drawers, Vioila! Dresser for their clothes. Since the unit was assembled in the closet it was slightly wider than the closet door, evefything stayed in place very well.

MFOX
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you popeyemth I couldn't get it to work. They are stackable so they are not anchored which is what I wanted because I am scared to drill any holes in the walls of the trailer. They were 16 1/2 by 18 - I think. I couldn't find any free standing shelves but this worked out great.
MFox
Wonderful DH
Daughter 99
Sons 01 & 05

Poppy___Nana
Explorer
Explorer
MFOX wrote:

I found stackable wire baskets in Lowes to make a pantry closet out of one of the coat closets. They fit perfect. I might go back and get two more. So thrilled it worked because I really didn't want to screw anything into the walls of the closet.

What are the dimensions? How are they anchored?
Leo & Kathy
Upstate, NY
in the Adirondacks

2013 Rubicon 2900 Toy Hauler
2008 - Ford F250 Super Crew 4x4

tragusa3
Explorer
Explorer
I need to do this in our pantry but can't find them in the right dimensions.
New to us 2011 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34TGA
Join us on the road at Rolling Ragu on YouTube!

rav
Explorer
Explorer
looks great-

popeyemth
Explorer
Explorer
"wine is a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy" ben franklin

MFOX
Explorer
Explorer
http://s649.photobucket.com/user/5happycampers_2009/library/?sort=3&page=1

still trying to post picture
MFox
Wonderful DH
Daughter 99
Sons 01 & 05