cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fist Trip of the Season is done.

tankgod82
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from our first weekend trip of the season. Went on a fishing trip to the Guadalupe River near New Braunfels, TX. It was a short drive and knocked out a full day of fly fishing. Wife and mother in law went to the outlet mall to do some shopping on that day. Sunday morning took the kids to another fishing hole to try and catch some bluegill. Didn't have any luck though. Hopefully this summer we have many trips.
TV 2010 Ford Expedition
TT 2007 Spree by K.Z. 320BHS
Wife, 7 y/o daughter, 4 y/o daughter, 1y/o son,
10 REPLIES 10

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
I am so jealous! We just got another 6 inches of snow today. With any luck we will be dug out sometime late May?!
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

late_bloomer
Explorer
Explorer
camping + fishing = AWESOME
I got here as quick as I could.

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just starting our first trip of the year. Truck and trailer sitting in parking lot of La Quinta in Montgomery, Al. Tomorrow will be arrival in New Orleans for a week. Wouldn't really call it camping, but out of the cold and snew for a while.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
I'd rather go fishing and have no luck than go to an outlet mall any day.

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
I tried to unlock the door on mine a few days ago and the little window where the keys goes in was frozen shut so I left it...........

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think I had my first camping out of the season as well. We lost our power the other night and I fired up the Inverter in the trailer and ran drop cords into the house to run my fireplace fan and some lights. Also got to watch some DVD's...

We shut down everything around 10PM except the fan coming off the fireplace. Was still going when I got up at 6AM... House power came on about an hour later.

Don't know if that qualifies for a camping out trip or not...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats on a first successful trip of the season. Good to get the bugs worked out of things.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear your had a good start to the season. We're keeping an eye on the weather forecast so we can get out for a shakedown before we head for FL later in March. Our normal camping is long weekends nearby (retired folks can do long weekends anytime!) but this year is shaping up totally different. The normal 9 - 10 day FL trip is now 14 days. Then a "Bucket List" trip to Durango, CO in June for another couple of weeks and then a family reunion for a week in July. Hoping we can squeeze in a few local weekends here and there, but SO, SO ready to head out for just a quiet little shakedown. We're up to 50 degrees at 9:30 in the morning - as opposed to 10 degrees - so maybe there is an end to this dreadful winter. Yea, camping!
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Spappy
Explorer
Explorer
Lucky!! I'm super jealous. I am just itching to get out to camp and fish with the kids. Glad you had a great time!
Spap

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you had a good trip. While you were camping another 5 inches of snow fell on our trailer. Hoping that it is melted by May.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73