cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford f350 oil leak need a mechanic who works on diseal

jac3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I have an f350 7.3 diese. We pulled into bass pro shop in Springfield, MO are oil was leaking we went into and store snd came out and a signifcant amount oil was under the truck and none showed up on the dip stick. Need a diseal mechanic in Springfield Missouri.
8 REPLIES 8

BrokeRVr
Explorer
Explorer
I am not sure I have heard too many story about a cracked pedestal. Its very common for the o-rings to go out on them and cause oil leaks.

If I were you I would post your situation on the following forum in the 7.3L section and you will get pleanty of answers about your situation.

www.ford-trucks.com

Specific forums for 7.3L http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum31/

Tim M

jac3rd
Explorer
Explorer
The mechanic we found said there was a crack in the pedestal of turbo were the high pressure hose attaches. The part is in order and will be here a couple of days. So are exploring Springfield, MO for a few days. Good Sam road service did a great job helping us. I could not be more satisfied with there service.

BrokeRVr
Explorer
Explorer
The high pressure oil lines can rupture and leak a significant amount of oil all over.

This thread talks about others having to replace those lines after they have blown the lines and dumped a bunch of oil.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1197513-blew-a-high-pressure-oil-line-today-on-the-freeway.html

The good thing about the 7.3 diesel is the engine shuts down if it does not have any oil and it does not harm the engine.

Tim M

Chrisatthebeach
Explorer
Explorer
HPOP seal, oil filter loose or has failed, also the copper o-ring on the drain plug can fail, mine developed a pretty good leak, not as fast as yours but a pretty good spot on the garage floor. I checked the drain plug and it was tight, went to change the oil and the copper 0-ring was still there but would not seal, changed it and all good.
Chris & Dianne
Jayco Designer 3110 SOLD 6-11-2016, looking for the next one.
F250 PSD 4x4 Crew Cab

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
Look in the yellow pages. You could always call a Ford dealer. Sounds like you need one NOW.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
BTW, when the HPOP leaks it runs down the valley and drips down the back of the motor, it can be very easy to be confused for a rear main seal leak.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
never owned one but has it been serviced lately? possible loose oil filter

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Was it a lot? the HPOP (High Pressure Oil Pump) are known major leakers. a simple O-ring fixes it. when they leak the LEAK!

Good luck!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!