outdoordb
Explorer
Explorer
My furnace lights for a second and then goes out. Any sugestions
10 REPLIES 10

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Blower comes on.....flame lights then goes out.

Spark electrode is what lights main flame.......it is also used to prove that main flame lit. (milivot signal generated by main flame...goes back to circuit board so DC power stays on gas valve holding it open)
If electrode is carboned up, not engulfed in main flame or ceramic is cracked -------no signal/gas valve closes.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
bid_time wrote:
It's basically the same as the thermocouple on your water heater. Look for an electrode above where the flame would be on your furnace.

This above, I also make sure my exhaust port is clear with compressed air and if I don't have fully charged batteries or plugged into shore power, my furnace doesn't operate very well at all.

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
CLEAN CLEAN
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
It's basically the same as the thermocouple on your water heater. Look for an electrode above where the flame would be on your furnace.

outdoordb
Explorer
Explorer
What's a flame proofer

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
Clean the flame proofer.

outdoordb
Explorer
Explorer
Yes to #1 will get info.

outdoordb
Explorer
Explorer
I'm posting for my sister. From what I gather when she turns it on the blower kicks on then the furnace lites, then shuts off.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
1. Is your propane full, and have you bled the air out of the system. Turn on several burners on the top of your stove and make sure that you have good flames.

2. Provide the manufacturer name of your furnace so the knowledgeable folks on here can help you.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too little information to offer suggestions