Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

garage parking

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of a lowered pop up camper with
a flush toilet and PU combo that will clear a 93in tall opening?

Thanks in advance E.P.
10 REPLIES 10

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all!
Great getting these numbers for comps!

bb_94401
Explorer
Explorer
One more thing to consider, if you are close.

My garage door opener is lower than the bottom of the garage door header.
'05 Ram 3500, 4x4, DRW, LB, 6spd man, CTD, PRXB exhaust brake, Roadmaster bar

'01 Corsair 10'8" - 4,200 lbs., Xantrex XADC 80A, Link 20, 4-Lifeline GPL-4CT, PowerGate Isolater, 2 AWG wire, PI 30A EMS, 2 Honda EU2000i, parallel kit, ext. duration tank.

DesertDave100
Explorer
Explorer
I have 95" clear at my garage door header, and my FourWheel popup camper (FWC) fits in the garage on the back of my F350 4X4. My camper has a cassette toilet. FWC are 59" from the bed to the top of the vent. My truck unloaded only had 58" clear, but it settled 2" with the camper on so it just clears.
2014 Four Wheel Grandby. Rides on a 2007 Ford F350 6.0 SRW Torqshift

CaveRun
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
One of the guys here recently posted a picture of his pop up on a floor level dolly and it was just barely clearing his garage door header.

Here ya go! ๐Ÿ™‚

Pop-Up Truck Camper
John 3:16

1996 Hide Away Sun Lite Truck Camper
2003 31' Salem LE Forest River Travel Trailer
2013 Sun Tracker Bass Buggy 18 DLX Pontoon
2002 F-150 SuperCab V-8 4X4
Firestone Air Bags
Homemade Tie Down Mounts
Equal-i-zer WD Hitch

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
jimh425 wrote:
Don't forget to allow for the angle in your measurements of pulling into a parking garage. If there is any angle to it, the actual entrance could be less.

Thanks jimh425
Good reminder
It`s a flat surface
E.P.

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
With the right truck you might be ok as my Hallmark is at 102" with the roof vents/ no A/C. But my 4x4 Ram is taller than some other trucks. I think they build at least three campers with a wet bath/ toilet.
My garage has a 9' door so it fits inside no problem.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't forget to allow for the angle in your measurements of pulling into a parking garage. If there is any angle to it, the actual entrance could be less.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Guys
Yes 93in. is taller than the norm which might give me hope.
I might add the toilet is important for my middle of the night
visit
A porta potty is not for me.

I think a measurement from the rear PU bed plus the height of the closed camper will give me the numbers i need

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
The height of the truck is going to be a major part of the height. In my experience, GM 2500s, not 2500HDs are about the shortest. On top of that, put a Four Wheel Camper.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
That sounds a lot higher than your average residential garage door opening. One of the guys here recently posted a picture of his pop up on a floor level dolly and it was just barely clearing his garage door header.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk