Did you mean:ย 

GM Unveils 2015 SUVs

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Tahoe and Suburban

2015 Yukon and Yukon XL

They now have fold flat seats!

I am surprised that they Tahoe/Yukon were not offered with the V6.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS
27 REPLIES 27

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
tluxon wrote:
I like that they finally moved the multi-function display to the top of the dash where it's closer to a driver's sight lines.

I was about to buy a GMC 3500HD CC SB SRW 4x4 diesel pickup, but the old dash configuration and the thick rear doors with no pockets kept the money on my side of the table. When they get this interior in the HD pickups, I'll be back.

Hopefully you will see this by next summer! Yes, I like those gages as well as the configurable DIC. When towing, I can focus on trans temp. When driving distances, I can focus on fuel economy. And there is so many more.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
BurbMan wrote:
Amen brother....that's a nice looking layout for sure. I see that the suspension includes "third generation magnetic ride control with twin-tube shocks"....I'm not sure if I have 1st or 2nd generation on my burb, but the shocks are $250 each....I can't wait to see what they get for these now that they are twin tube....

Magnetic ride control was developed for the Corvette, and has migrated across vehicles. I drove a Cadillac DTS with it, and it really made a difference. It was amazing how much difference the shock could make in a short time.

Yes it's wonderful...makes a 3/4 ton truck ride like a luxury sedan. I am a fan of the technology, but not the cost of repairing it....I see you sold your 2500 burb before you needed to change the shocks. I wound up disabling auto-ride on my burb because I couldn't bring myself to spend $1000 on a set of shocks.

Now that the new shocks are twin-tube those repair costs are only going to get worse...

tluxon
Explorer
Explorer
I like that they finally moved the multi-function display to the top of the dash where it's closer to a driver's sight lines.

I was about to buy a GMC 3500HD CC SB SRW 4x4 diesel pickup, but the old dash configuration and the thick rear doors with no pockets kept the money on my side of the table. When they get this interior in the HD pickups, I'll be back.
Tim -
wife Beverly & 2 boys who love camping

2002 K2500 Suburban 8.1L 4.10 Prodigy

2005 Sunnybrook 30FKS HP Dual Cam

Replaced 2000 Sunnybrook 26FK on 8/6/04

<>

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I like the keyless entry/push button starting. I have it on my Passat, not on Burb or Malibu lease. It's a quick forming habit that drives me crazy when I switch vehicles!
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
I also noticed the keyless entry and push-button start. It took me a couple weeks to get used to this on the Buick Regal I was driving, but immediately missed it on my Sierra.

Becomes a quick habit to leave key fob in your pocket.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
BurbMan wrote:
Amen brother....that's a nice looking layout for sure. I see that the suspension includes "third generation magnetic ride control with twin-tube shocks"....I'm not sure if I have 1st or 2nd generation on my burb, but the shocks are $250 each....I can't wait to see what they get for these now that they are twin tube....

Magnetic ride control was developed for the Corvette, and has migrated across vehicles. I drove a Cadillac DTS with it, and it really made a difference. It was amazing how much difference the shock could make in a short time.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife

des04004
Explorer
Explorer
Not crazy about the exterior. When the current body style came out in 2007, I absolutely hated it. Now I absolutely love it. So the new body style may just grow on me.
2008 Ford F-250 Larait V10
2011 Forest River Wildwood T27BHSS (sold)
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32TSBH

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
I really like everything I see, what busts my bubble is thinking about price. Hey my Moms 69 Merc Marquis wagon had fold flat 2nd and 3rd row seats, a good idea should transcend brands.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very nice styling..also like the powertrains. But then I'm a Sub fan.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I would like that interior in my 2011 3/4 ton Suburban, please.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

manley
Explorer
Explorer
Images lifted from Fox News are shown below...

Tahoe:

Tahoe Interior:

Suburban:

Yukon & Yukon XL:

Yukon Denali Interior:
2021 F250 XLT FX4 SCREW Godzilla 7.3L
Hensley Arrow
2017 Open Range Light 272RLS

manley
Explorer
Explorer
RedRocket204 wrote:

From the pictures...what impressed me the most is the work GM has done on the interiors. Those interiors are miles ahead of where they were a couple of years ago. They look very nice now!

The interiors are absolutely gorgeous.
The Yukon is hideous... butt ugly.
The Tahoe and Suburban look better, but if you hid the front end they'd be almost identical to the Expedition.
2021 F250 XLT FX4 SCREW Godzilla 7.3L
Hensley Arrow
2017 Open Range Light 272RLS

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Dadoffourgirls wrote:
2015 Tahoe and Suburban

2015 Yukon and Yukon XL

From the pictures...what impressed me the most is the work GM has done on the interiors. Those interiors are miles ahead of where they were a couple of years ago. They look very nice now!
I love me some land yachting