cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

going ape - a blog trip report

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
well I have skipped posting a couple of the last trip reports on my blog here but I thought I would post this one. so here it is...

blog link

I hope you enjoy it.
2010 adventurer 810ws
1999 c3500 dually 12' flatbed

THE TC LIFE
13 REPLIES 13

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
jtlingo123 wrote:
Rich
Great post, I didn't think about it but we never took any picks of the group together during the pot luck! Oh well next time!:B

*just so everyone knows, his wife makes a great chili!*

Josh

lol...yeah...I noticed when I started to make the blog trip report. like you said, next time.
...and joanne thanks you for the comment.
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE

jtlingo123
Explorer
Explorer
Rich
Great post, I didn't think about it but we never took any picks of the group together during the pot luck! Oh well next time!:B

*just so everyone knows, his wife makes a great chili!*

Josh
Josh Lingo
Snoqualmie,WA.:B

Scott16
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for taking the time posting the photo tour. You must spend a lot of hours after the fact to post everything, it is much Appreciated.
I am learning to start ploting back road travel to see these
great places that are quite, less traffic,and most important interesting to see.
Scott
US Navy Retired IC1(SW)USS Fletcher DD-992

SALTYDOG5435S-T
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for taking everyone along on your trip. I like KOA Camp grounds. Clean and not to packed in.
2002 F350 4X4 Crew Cab Longbed SRW
2003 Lance 845
USMC 70-74
#1 fishing partner since 1981: My Ladybug

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Great looking trip
Cal

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great TR!!! Looked like a lot of fun.

One of the guys in my ATV club is trying to get me interested in geocaching. I probably will. The clincher was all the neat new places you can find!~!!
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

the_tc_life
Explorer
Explorer
thank you for the comments.

path1: yes it is those sculptures. you can access the road that takes you to the parking area only from the eastward direction on I-90. from the parking it is only 1/4 mile or so hike up to them. it is rather steep but its not far.

deserthawk: yes we are pretty busy. we have been gone a lot. we are at 53 days out this year so far. we both work full time so that means we are out most weekends and take a day or two off here and there.
2010 adventurer 810ws

THE TC LIFE

Clarryhill
Explorer
Explorer
What an absolutely great trip, folks. Really appreciate giving us the opportunity to travel along with you (so to speak). Beautiful country.
2014 Ford F450 PSD
2017 Lance 1172

DEcamper
Explorer
Explorer
We have a lot of friends who have been stationed in your part of the country. Your pictures prove it's as beautiful as they say...can't wait until we can travel that far...

Nina
Todd & Nina
2009 Ford F-450 4X4, Torklifts w/Fastguns
2010 Northstar Igloo U
Honda EU2000i (Camo)

DesertHawk
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! You have been busy this summer. I followed your blogs back to the "on top of the world – june 22-23 2013".

Enjoyed the photos (Many From Places I Have Not Been). Admire your Rig, Stamina & Opportunities to take so many trips.

Thanks for Sharing.
:CDesertHawk- Las Cruces, NM USA
*2015 Lance 1985~Casita de Campo~23' 4" Tongue to Bumper, Dinette Slide
160 watt Solar Panel/GoPower! Solar Controller
*2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab
Long Bed with A.R.E. Molded Fiberglass Topper
*Previously~ 2005 16' Scamp

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Great Trip Report and Photos, Thank you very much for posting. I went through that area last year.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II
Wow Rich and Joanne.
What a great trip report.
Really enjoyed that.
Thank you

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Great post. Question, How do you get to those sculptures? Wanted to get a close up pic and couldn't find out how to get there. Those are the ones if you are going east on I-90 and can see them after going over the Columbia going up hill still west of George?

Ellensburg, I-90 gives us the impression the Ellensburg is just a little po-dunk town. We were surprised when we spent some time there doing some back roads, very good place with lots to do.
Thanks
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"