cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gray Water not empty, only 1 gate valve

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
2007 six-pac D650 cabover, do you have any information regarding the 38 gal gray water tank, I have only one gate valve for the black water holding tank, the gray water tank does not have a separate gate valve and the g/w electronic indicator still registers full. Not sure if tank is empty after dumping? Do you have similar problem?
27 REPLIES 27

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
Yes thanks, the locking access door to the hook-up is really small, just fits the bayonet end of the hose and my hand to attach up, really a lame design. I have already modified plenty inside, maybe I should cut a bigger access door. Still no posts whether I have 1 or 2 tanks. Anyone know?

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Dusty Boots wrote:
Yes, this is the manual I have. Black water not overflowing into the shower drain when full. Must have a flapper valve in-between to separate the 2 tanks. When I get home I will flush and empty the Black water tank, open the cap and valve. Fresh water into sink should flow out w/o backing up???

Leave the drain hose connected so you don't wind up with a mess. Just pick up the hose in the middle and you'll feel it filling up with water and getting heavy. Then just set the hose down and let it drain out into the sewer.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ed_Gee wrote:
Note: the OP's camper is a 2007 year model.
Oops. thanks
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
wopachop wrote:
Dang a combined black and grey tank?? You should be able to confirm that next time the shower water overflows the drain.
Yuck. Are they building them that cheaply now? I sure see a lot of newer "lite" rigs with weird stuff.

Note: the OP's camper is a 2007 year model.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
wopachop wrote:
Dang a combined black and grey tank?? You should be able to confirm that next time the shower water overflows the drain.
Yuck. Are they building them that cheaply now? I sure see a lot of newer "lite" rigs with weird stuff.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Buzzcut1 wrote:
this manual covers your model year. It shows only one combined holding tank for black and grey

Dusty Boots wrote:
Yes, this is the manual I have. Black water not overflowing into the shower drain when full. Must have a flapper valve in-between to separate the 2 tanks. ,,,

There is conflict between the 2 replies.
So wchich is it?

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, this is the manual I have. Black water not overflowing into the shower drain when full. Must have a flapper valve in-between to separate the 2 tanks. When I get home I will flush and empty the Black water tank, open the cap and valve. Fresh water into sink should flow out w/o backing up???

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have access to the tank to sound, buried under the floor, Since Six-Pac is no longer in business I would appreciate input from anyone with a similar experience. Thank you

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
this manual covers your model year. It shows only one combined holding tank for black and grey

http://www.six-pac.com/Newer-Six-Pac-Owners-Manual.pdf
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Dusty_Boots
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the recommendation, information about the grey water waste is not in my owners manual or the single valve operation procedure. Just states 2 - 38 gal holding tanks. The electronic g/w tank indicator may be faulty but, the tank does not seem to have the 38 gal capacity as indicated. (floor drain in shower overflows)

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since there are no codes for TC construction - the builder can make any kind of design that is continent for him, not necessary for user.
The single valve operating 2 tanks is unheard about, but good idea is to get camper manual.
The holding tanks level sensors are always lousy as dirt can stick to them, but do you have access to see or tap the tank? That should give you some indication.

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Don't have a truck camper but I'll bet one valve serves both tanks. Can you hook up the dump hose, open the valve and then turn on the sink? Then either listen for water running in the hose. Or pick up the middle of the hose and see if the hose starts filling with water.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup