cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hanging towels in bathroom

psigmon47
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2007 28.5' Passport TT. The bathroom had no towel racks or toilet paper holder. We didn't want to be screwing towel racks or TP holder in the walls for fear of screwing into wiring. Anyone have any suggestions?
This is our 1st time owning any type RV so we are newbies.
Thanks for any suggestions.
18 REPLIES 18

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
We take a shower at bed time, so by the am the towels are dry.works for us. And now it's all -happy-camping

psigmon47
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I have tried several things and think I have finally come up with a solution.
I used a tension type shower rod mounted in the tub. That was not practical because you always had to take the towels off to take a shower. ๐Ÿ˜ž
I had an over the door towel rack that I have had for many years. Used it when we had company. It has 4 rods for towels. That didn't work either because our TT bathroom is so small I felt like I was squished between towels and the sink when I closed the bathroom door.
The light went off yesterday! I mounted 2 3M hooks above the toilet near the ceiling and have hung the over the door rack there. Eureka! It is not in the way and will hold our bath towels as well as hand towels and face cloths.
Again, thanks for the input everyone!

wingsfan20
Explorer
Explorer
If you have an enclosed glass shower we use pants hangers with spring clips to hang towels
Jim :W
2007 Silverado 3/4 LTZ Crew Duramax/Allison
2008 Keystone Cougar 311RLS

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
My towel and TP rack/holder came loose in the cabinet to place where I wanted.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

SprinklerMan
Explorer
Explorer
I have 2 young boys , towels (and just about everything else) gets hung on the floor .

Sbeach99
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with ya. Our camper had nothing for towels!

We use the Command removable 5 lb stick on hooks. We have two in the shower and two for hand towels by the sink. They are AMAZING. We also have an over the door hook rack from Camping World that we use for towels at the beach or jackets in the winter. Finally, I have two carabiners in the shower curtain grommets that I use to pinch the end of towels. That all more than covers our needs.
Scott

Just your average family trying to unplug every now and then!

2012 Coachmen Catalina 21BH
2011 Chevy Tahoe 4x4 LTZ
EAZ-Lift WDH

McDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
I put a couple of these inside the shower. They work great and are retractable when not in use.

http://www.wayfair.com/Geesa-by-Nameeks-Standard-Hotel-Retractable-Clothes-Line-in-Stainless-Steel-134RVS-L3759-K~GBE1148.html?refid=GX21919338300-GBE1148&device=c&gclid=CP3Y377e67cCFQyg4AodoWgAbA

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
For the bath door, I screwed these hooks to the top of the door. The metal that would come down the opposite side was cut off and felt cushions were stuck on wherever the metal contacts wood.

For the TP holder, I did this:

For the corner shower, I did this:

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use the 3M easy remove hooks - no surface damage when removing. Available at hardware stores, or search for 3M hooks on Amazon. Many types from towels to keys
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
I've always appreciated them NOT installing towel racks or TP holders in advance as I prefer to make those decisions myself. An item like a TP holder is one I don't want to ever have to move so it's screwed into the wall solidly and permanently. You can take a look around and determine where wires are likely to be running. I have three towel racks and ONE (the loop rack by the bathroom sink) was installed at the factory and the other two were furnished but uninstalled. I permanently mounted one on each bathroom door.

INside the shower I mounted some "command strip" hooks for hanging wash cloths and wet items (four of them) and we use the top of the shower surround as another place to hand wet items so they can drip into the tub/shower.

Each bathroom door also has "over the door" type of hooks (2 on each door) for hanging clothes, dish cloths etc.

Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

jdpttrsn
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe an Adjustable Tension Shower Rod positioned over the bath tub with hangers for towels or wet swimwear. Might not work on corner bath.

bradnailer
Explorer
Explorer
We bought one of the deals that hangs on the bathroom door for our big towels then used a loop for the hand towel by the sink.
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 233RBS
Prior: Jayco Pop Up, Shasta Bunkhouse, Rockwood Pop Up

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
Our MH had a series of towel racks mounted on the inside of the bathroom door when we got it. I don't know if it came from the factory like that or if previous owners added it, but it works nicely.

It's sort of tiered, like the hangers you get that you can hang several pairs of slacks on.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

Fire_Instructor
Explorer
Explorer
psigmon47 wrote:
We bought a 2007 28.5' Passport TT. The bathroom had no towel racks or toilet paper holder. We didn't want to be screwing towel racks or TP holder in the walls for fear of screwing into wiring. Anyone have any suggestions?
This is our 1st time owning any type RV so we are newbies.
Thanks for any suggestions.

We were THANKFUL that our towel racks & TP holder were shipped loose from the factory. The dealer was going to mount them, but told him not to, and then we went to Lowe's and bought holders that we liked, which were big enough fo our towels, and were put wher they SHOULD be, and not where some 19 y/o kid working at the dealership would mount them.

I used a type of screw mount designed to grab the back if the thin panel walls. A little more expensive than a standard screw, but much stronger.
Fire Instructor

2022 Coachmen Leprechaun 319MB