cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone purchased from RV One?

Lessmore01
Explorer
Explorer
My family is looking for a new camper and have been comparing prices online as well as with my local dealer. I got my local dealer down to 28% of MSRP (I've been told 28-30% is optimal) but received a quote from RV One that was another 10-12% lower! This included their freight and doc fees. I've talked to the rep and she says there are no other hidden fees, but it sounds almost too good to be true. Has anybody else bought from this company or have any insight on buying from online dealers in general? I would hate to get slapped with another 10% upon driving 10 hours for pick up!
17 REPLIES 17

llberge
Explorer
Explorer
BubbaChris wrote:
llberge wrote:
Since then, the trailer has been trouble free with the exception of a drawer that won’t stay closed.

I had a trouble drawer like this, pulled it all the way out of the cabinet. There was a little catch mounted dead-center on the bottom of the opening. I slid it towards me a little and tightened the screws, 99% better now.

Thanks, BubbaChris, I will give that a try. Right now we stick a plastic spatula handle through the drawer pull of that drawer and the one below. It works, but your fix is classier. :B
2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400R

Lessmore01
Explorer
Explorer
dadmomh wrote:
I'd be inclined to nicely mention that you tried to reach him earlier but he was on vacation and assume the price he quoted you at that time was still good.
Congrats!

I was NOT able to order with the previous price quote. I mentioned that I tried to call Monday and was told there was nothing they could do. The sales rep tried to persuade me to knock off some options to get the price back down into my range. Luckily I was able to find another dealer who was able to get me the same camper at the price I want without sacrificing options!

Cosmokees
Explorer
Explorer
Be aware that things do not always go smoothly when working with RVOne. If you have to cancel for some reason (I did because of unforeseen health issues)I have found it is very difficult to get your deposit back. I am still trying to get mine.

However, I did not have any problems with them in the past when I purchased my first motorhome.
Stan and Ada
1 Kees and 3 Poms
2009 Melbourne 29C

BubbaChris
Explorer
Explorer
llberge wrote:
Since then, the trailer has been trouble free with the exception of a drawer that won’t stay closed.

I had a trouble drawer like this, pulled it all the way out of the cabinet. There was a little catch mounted dead-center on the bottom of the opening. I slid it towards me a little and tightened the screws, 99% better now.
2013 Heartland North Trail 22 FBS Caliber Edition
2013 Ford Expedition EL with Tow Package

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be inclined to nicely mention that you tried to reach him earlier but he was on vacation and assume the price he quoted you at that time was still good.
Congrats!
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Lessmore01
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the insight! I had made the decision to purchase from them, but the sales rep that I've been dealing with has been out of the office this week. I'm being told that the 2016 prices have gone up since the weekend, so I'm praying that she can still give me the original quote!

DakotaDad
Explorer
Explorer
We bought from RV Wholesalers our first time around, and had a great experience, aside from the long drive with a toddler. They were straight up with us.

With our recent purchase, we got quotes from RVDirect/RVOne, and chatted with them. They were on the short list (along with RVW again) until we found a clearance model at another dealer (Pleasureland RV) that was perfect for what we needed.

I'd gladly deal with any of the three of them again.
Jason, Angie, and our boys, Sean (13) and Liam (8)
Now with Radar and Daisy, both Boston Terriers. Missing Artemus the Labrador, gone on ahead.
2016 Ram 3500 CC Big Horn - 6.7 Cummins - B&W RVK3600 hitch
2015 Palomino Sabre 33RETS Platinum fifth wheel

usmc616
Explorer
Explorer
I shopped and bought from RVDirect in 2010 and will do it again. I saved thousands and the only warranty claim in the first 2 years was handled by a mobile RV repair shop.
SEMPER FI
Joe,Joyce 4 kids & 5 dogs
2017 Chevy Silverado, 4x4, 3500HD, LT, Long Bed, Dually, Duramax Diesel, Allison Transmission, Reese Dual Cam & Prodigy Brake Controller
2010 Jayco G2 32BHDS.:B

llberge
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased our 2014 Flagstaff from RV Direct in Albany, NY. We also had a $4000 difference with a local dealer, and I couldn’t leave that much money on the table. The only thing that gave me some heartburn was the fact that we had to pay for the trailer in full before they would deliver it from the factory. For the OP, I did not have to pay another dime after the initial payment, no hidden fees.

When I went to pick it up, they could not have been more helpful. The PDI was great, and they helped me mount the WDH that I had from my old trailer. Since then, the trailer has been trouble free with the exception of a drawer that won’t stay closed.

I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400R

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Bought from an RV 1 dealer (Orlando RV). Made the deal at a GS Rally in Daytona, closed the sale at the dealership 2 weeks later. We were satisfied with the experience, and financed it through their bank lines (Bank of America Specialty Vehicles) at a lower rate than I could obtain on my own. Come to think of it, buying the RV was nothing like the 'root canal' experience of buying a car or truck!

And yes, RV Direct is RV 1's Internet sales operation. Your deal is made online and typically take delivery at one of their brick and mortar stores.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
We bought both our HTT and TT from RVWholesalers...same concept as RVDirect. We have 1 dealer in town and he's impossible to deal with. We bought a ROO HTT and he sells Shamrock...same thing. We saved over $4000 after trip expenses to pick up our HTT in OH. That's a bunch of money! This dealer has a dreadful reputation as being overpriced, hard to negotiate with, a real PITA to handle anything. It would have been nice to be able to buy locally, but with his reputation and the amount of money we saved, it's his loss.

We had 1 service at his dealership and it was for a Dometic recall on the frig. The day I got the notice I called and they told me to bring it at 3:00 the next day. In and out in less than half hour. Our camping buddy, who'd not been terribly cordial in trying to deal with this place....actually he can grate on a lot of nerves, got his notice the same day, called and his appt was for 3 weeks later. Hmmmmm.

Personal opinion is that you drop in on your local dealer again, give him the opportunity to make a comparable deal. If it doesn't work out, simply explain that you just cannot lose that amount of money, you wish you could get it from him but feel sure he understands. Leave on a pleasant note. You can always stop in to pick up some odds and ends of supplies and make sure they remember you in a positive light. Then if you need service, I'd bet you'd get it in reasonable time. BTW, we never had any service need for our HTT after 7 years or on our TT in 1 1/2. Your major things are covered by the manufacturer of the item, not the dealer. He's going to want to keep his suppliers happy as well. Do what is best for you. I don't think you'll have problems.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
My opinion is to save the $4,500 and purchase from the dealer with the best price no matter where it was located. In my experience, most of your warranty issues that come up after you take possession don't occur when you are near your home dealer, anyway.

I would suggest that you drive to the dealer and do a very thorough PDI before you took possession and make sure they are fixed before signing on the bottom line. It will save you a lot of warranty work down the road as well as the freight charge. Think "vacation".

We did that on our TT we purchased 6 years ago and had only 1 issues, which was a lack of caulking around the tub surround. It wasn't caught during our PDI because we were not actually taking a shower with water running down the inside of the shower door.

Good luck with whatever you do.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
You will have warranty issues.

Statistics do not support that. My 5 year old TT has never been back to the dealer. I'm not the only one. Warranties are 1-2 years. What % of TTs return for warranty work? 50%, 5%? I don't know but not 100%!

I have never heard of RVOne, but they do appear to be the same as RV Direct. I'd call and ask if they have a relationship with RV Direct. RV Direct has a very favorable reputation.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Lessmore01
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to support my local dealer, but we are talking $4,500 difference. If I buy online I can get exactly what I want, but if I buy local I will have to settle for something similar. The local dealer has already told me they can still take care of my warranty work, I just won't be at the top of the list.

Those of you who have dealt with an online dealer before, did they stay true to their original quote?